Docs always say everything is normal

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
h0rsehead

Docs always say everything is normal

Post by h0rsehead »

Iam new to this site.I just heard of rls and by reading some of the things people have written it discribes how I feel.At night I have to kick my legs and sometimes lift them and slam them on the bed also I feel like I have to tense all my musles for relief. I shake and jerk and toss and turn sometimes my husband has to hold me down to keep me from moving. Does this sould like RLS ? Other things that have happened to me is once my entire left side of my body felt like pins and needles,and I have seizues almost every time I have a blood draw.i have also had two seizures in a row while just sitting taking with my family.I have had tons of tests and the docs always say everything is normal.Does this sound normal to you guys.I am sick of hearing there's nothing wrong.It's like the docs think I'm making it up or making it happen to myself.Could these things be related to rls or am I just crazy? :?

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like symptons of RLS, maybe some symptoms of ET. (Essential Tremor?) But I'm not a doc.

Now that I look back on things, there was one time that I had the "seizure" type thingy you're talking about. That was the night that I was in labor. The docs gave me an epiderral (sp) and I woke up to the right side of my body coming up OFF the bed and docs and nurses yelling at me to stop. RIGHT! Like I could stop it! That was 14 yrs ago. No one knew anything about this then. But NEVER EVER think you're crazy, cuz we're all believers! Welcome!!!!
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Post by Guest »

Thanks for thinking I'm not crazy.My family just thinks its because of stress, and I keep tellling them I'm not stressed.I was just sitting there talking to them on the couch what would i be stressed about.Even if I was stressed I dont know to many stressed people that have seizures. Also its funny i dont pass out from shots or ivs only blood draws. so i think if it was just nerves from the needle wouldn't it happen then too. I'm just tired of people always saying I make these things happen to myself. yah I think it's fun to shake atnight and not be able to sleep and maybe we can all have a seizure party!

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I know. I'm going thru the same. Just because "they" don't understand it, it's not real. Well, I really would love to see "their" medical diplomas !
We don't even understand it. But is it SOOOOO MUCH to ask that friends and family and whatever, try to learn with us, support us and not judge us and call us "liars"?

*sigh*
love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Post by Guest »

It would be one thing if it was just my family saying it but the docs too. They just say " well everthing is checking out normal if you have any more problems come back" ( and we will stick you a few dozon more times and say everything is normal) I'm sorry you are going through the same thing it's so hard. :(

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

it sure is!
But we've got each other right??????

:wink:
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Post by Guest »

Yes It's very nice to talk with someone who understands

Post by Guest »

Yes It's very nice to talk with someone who understands

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

I went to my two regular doctors about the strange sensations, before I knew what it was. I thought I might be crazy and so did they. But, when I saw a rhematologist about some other problems, I brought it up and she knew right away what it was and we started treatment and I have had some relief. I went back to my other docs and they said I wasn't describing it right! It is very difficult to describe. My rheumy knew what it was after I told her that when I go to bed, I start getting very uncomfortable sensations in my body and stretch my legs and rotate my ankles. ..that's all she needed to know. So finding the right doc, maybe a neurologist, will help you find treatment. Keep looking into it, it sounds like RLS to me. Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma

h0rsehead

Post by h0rsehead »

I'm just kind of afraid to go to the doc again.I guess if I go and refuse to have yet another blood draw and tell them i learned of rls maybe they will help me.

becat

AAAArrrgggggghhhhh

Post by becat »

Ok, I'm posting under this thread because it's about "Normal".
I've got my Dr. appt. today and aaarrrggghhh, I'll be my normal unsettled self I'm sure.
I have had one "normal" visit with this guy in three years. I mean I was normal. It was my last visit, things were going great and the medications were working, I didn't cry, get all uptight. I was normal.
Today, he'll see a woman whose house is a total wreck, with company coming in on Sat. for a week or so. A woman that is so frightened out of her mind about her husband's surgery the thought now brings tears to her face. A woman that can't imagen that corporate America is so cool and one sided that they would put people at risk, health wise......and never consider the emotional stress that is now overwhelming. And I couldn't possible say anything about most of what is going on, cause God Forbid the my file isn't filled with stuff that should be personal. You know that you must write down everything or they won't pay the bills. (personal pet peeve about this topic)
Again, I am sleep deprived, RLS wrecked......you know I think I've experienced every symptom in the last month. My personal favorite is waking up with my legs twisted so tightly I have to carefully unpry them. My body should be the size of a twig judging from the constant movement.
Normal..........I'll be my normal self today, I'm sure in his eyes. Not so normal to me, I can be a rested, confident, strong person. I am that person. This other stuff is like a rampant vine growing up the side of me. It's not me, but it is apart of me for now.
I hate going to the doctor and I know I have nothing to prove. I should let him know what is really happening in my life. He's the one who will have to deal with the fallout, right? Like the rest of you, I feel most of my life is personal. I hate to have to share things with doctors unless I know they really care.......really care. *sigh* It rather feels like walking around naked in public.
I, like the rest of you just want to be able to be apart of my own life. Right now the stresses of real life could keep me from that. I should say my body could restain me from being an active part in that.
Honestly, most of this is life events, some of it is added insanity, but it's all where I am right now. I know I can control and, or manage most of the RLS with medications. Crying helps too. :D I'm just tired of this being my Normal me that goes to the doctor's office. arrrrggggg
Ok, Deep Breath........I am the driver of this vessel. I can help direct my path. He is a partner in my support.
Sorry to be so venty, need to shower so at least the clean me shows up.
LOve to all.

h0rsehead

Post by h0rsehead »

Oh becat hugs to you.Know your not alone in this.I always go home from the doctors thinking ok not sleeping shaking being very tired having seizures this is all normal and there is nothing wrong with me ugh.The docs never want to listen to what I have to say I swear i've only spent about 5 minutes with them telling me everything is fine now go get more blood draws and be quiet. take care.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dear Becat, thanks be that you posted that and not me. . .because the one I was going to post yesterday wasn't so thoughtful, self-insightful, or reasoned! Maybe it's the full moon. Maybe the RLS gods are wrathful for some perceived slight. :twisted:

I could offer lots of advice, but truly hate it when people tell me to calm down, that things will be OK, or whatever other platitudes they think will help. Things are what they are and you feel how you feel. You are honoring that and trying to let things be. Sounds like you're doing the best you can. My thoughts are with you and your husband.

With love,
Ann

Post by Guest »

H0rsehead: Your symptoms are exactly mine as long as I can remember. The lifting legs, tensing muscles, I'd even pray for leg cramps because surely that pain would feel better than this unexplainable twinge in my legs. What I found with my Dr.'s has been that it's up to me to inform and educate them, not wait for them to learn on their own. Print off all you can about RLS and bring it with you to the appointment. A good dr. will be glad you've done some of the leg work for them and will know you're taking the lead with your health. If the dr. is pissy, get another dr. I hope you find relief soon!

Shelley

h0rsehead

Post by h0rsehead »

Thanks shelley, printing up some info on rls is a good idea.I always have trouble explaining how i feel and that way i could just show them and say that is how i feel.