Roller Coaster Ride

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Post Reply
debbluebird
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Roller Coaster Ride

Post by debbluebird »

It seems to me that we are on a roller coaster all of the time. Up and down. For a few nights, my leg was quiet. Then last night it went nuts. I was in a meeting and had to stand, pace and rub my leg to get through it. The whole time I was thinking I should just go home and get in the bath tub. This is just a crazy way to live. Tonight it wasn't as bad, but not as good as before.

ViewsAskew
Moderator
Posts: 16259
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:37 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by ViewsAskew »

Crazy, indeed.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by rthom »

mine was horrible last night too--we'll see what tonight brings.

debbluebird
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by debbluebird »

Last night I couldn't go to bed, even though I was sleepy because my leg was going. Then when I did go to sleep, my husband says I was restless and moaned all night. I think that was about my hip. So he didn't sleep until I finally settled down. It is crazy. I thought I slept from 1 to 7 last night, but I feel really tired, so I know I didn't. I just hate this.

rthom
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by rthom »

Sorry to hear that deb. I hope it improves soon. Is yours usually worse in the summer?

debbluebird
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by debbluebird »

I don't seem to have a pattern other than up and down, good and bad. Just comes and goes. :)

rthom
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by rthom »

same here

badnights
Moderator
Posts: 5870
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:20 pm
Location: Northwest Territories, Canada

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by badnights »

me too. Three bad days, now a goodish day.
sigh
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by debbluebird »

Today has been horrible, most of the day. From am to pm. More WED/PLMD than I've had in awhile. Have taken 1/2 tab Methadone early, plus I took a second 1/2 tab a few hours later. Still no help. I have been getting in the bath tub every evening, but didn't want to this afternoon. I'm trying to watch a baseball game that's really good.

EeFall
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:11 am
Location: Washington State, USA

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:It seems to me that we are on a roller coaster all of the time. Up and down. For a few nights, my leg was quiet. Then last night it went nuts. I was in a meeting and had to stand, pace and rub my leg to get through it. The whole time I was thinking I should just go home and get in the bath tub. This is just a crazy way to live. Tonight it wasn't as bad, but not as good as before.


I think we here with severe RLS/WED would make a good horror flick. We will call it The Night of the Living Living :lol: Take care of yourself :D

EeFall
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:11 am
Location: Washington State, USA

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:Today has been horrible, most of the day. From am to pm. More WED/PLMD than I've had in awhile. Have taken 1/2 tab Methadone early, plus I took a second 1/2 tab a few hours later. Still no help. I have been getting in the bath tub every evening, but didn't want to this afternoon. I'm trying to watch a baseball game that's really good.


Yeah, if a baseball game doesn't put you to sleep nothing will :? :wink: Methadone doesn't work for me much anymore except during the day.

debbluebird
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by debbluebird »

Even with the extra methadone, it still wasn't great. Then hubby gave me a 1/2 an oxy. That finally did it.

EeFall
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:11 am
Location: Washington State, USA

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:Even with the extra methadone, it still wasn't great. Then hubby gave me a 1/2 an oxy. That finally did it.

I'm happy for you that the oxy worked! :D

debbluebird
Posts: 2196
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by debbluebird »

I don't do that very often. I don't like to take his. Just when I'm desperate and he insists.. He needs them for his pain.

florawora
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 am
Contact:

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by florawora »

I love that! Night of the Living Living! :D I guess we could have a TV series called The Walking Living, too! You have to laugh at it, sometimes. I've been having a rough couple of days... I have slept about 2 hours in the past 48. I am really hoping I will be able to get some sleep tonight! Legs and arms both driving me nuts!
Flora Woratschek
Henderson Area "Desert Walkers" WED/RLS Support Group
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FloraWEDGroupHN

Post Reply