Roller Coaster Ride

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
rthom

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by rthom »

it is interesting that the PLMs are worsened as a result of struggling during sleep. I don't use a machine but only have 1 lung and it is badly diseased and I have severe PLMs as the sleep clinic reported--maybe one has to do with the other and I would be more restful when I sleep if I got better breath???? Hmmm

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

That is a strong possibility. I don't know. Maybe just having an oxygen machine for you would help.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

rthom wrote:it is interesting that the PLMs are worsened as a result of struggling during sleep. I don't use a machine but only have 1 lung and it is badly diseased and I have severe PLMs as the sleep clinic reported--maybe one has to do with the other and I would be more restful when I sleep if I got better breath???? Hmmm

So they did an overnight sleep study and found PLM? Did they find sleep apnea too? I am kinda surprised that they didn't give you a CPAP machine.

When my tongue relaxes against the back of my throat it closes off the air passage completely every 30 seconds. I imagine that the limb movements I have every 30 seconds is actually my brain jolting my body awake enough so that I can breathe again. The RLS I have during the day is similar to a jolt of electricity and you know if someone shocks you it usually causes a physical reaction like when my wife touches me after building static electricity and I sort of jump. :lol: I would think at the very least like Deb mentioned that oxygen would be good for you but don't you have sleep apnea or is it PLM without sleep apnea?

rthom

Post by rthom »

no sleep apnea, just plms. Mostly, I was talking about it as a course of action for all wed suffers to get better rest.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Interesting. But it's not likely to help if the patient doesn't have low oxygen to begin with?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Beth, No, it won't work, if your mouth is open. It's the same thing as a mask that is leaking.
My sister asked the respiratory therapist who's seeing my dad, who sleeps with a nose-only mask with his mouth open, and the therapist said the numbers from the CPAP machine say it is very effective, that the mouth can be open and it will still work, and we have nothing to worry about. ?? I don't know what to think, but it seems he is ok, at least as far as the CPAP goes.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

true enough.