Roller Coaster Ride

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
rthom

Re: Roller Coaster Ride

Post by rthom »

are you feeling any better?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I am wondering what mg my sleep doctor wrote for? I will get the script in a week. I take a very small dose of Mirapex 0.125mg. I will have to look to see what most people start at.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I am wondering what mg my sleep doctor wrote for? I will get the script in a week. I take a very small dose of Mirapex 0.125mg. I will have to look to see what most people start at.

.125 is what I usually see Dr B recommend. I've even seen him ask people to take half of a .125 (that's what he recommended to me about ten years ago when I first wrote him!).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I think the Neupro comes in 1, 2, or 3 mg sizes. My doctor started me on 2 mg. He then had me cut the 2 mg patch in two so that it was 1 mg but the 1 mg didn't work, it was too weak. 2 mg had me sleeping 8 hours! I think you have a very good chance that it will work for you. Just remember if one dose doesn't work another dose might, it was surprising how just 1 mg difference could make it work or not work for me. I usually wore it on different places on my stomach everyday to avoid skin irritation, the literature will tell you where you can and can't wear it and how to put it on, something about holding your hand over it for 30 seconds to make sure it adheres and places not to place it.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I won't be getting the script for the neupro patch until the first of Aug. due to insurance and I'm not scheduled to see my doctor until then. My insurance is now all set up but won't take effect until Aug. 1. I won't be able to call and make an appt. for the ortho doc for my hip until after Oct 1. That's when that will be effective, It has to do with it being preexisting. All of this is going to be expensive. We will be on a very tight budget. That will mean no extras.
For the last two days my WED/PLMD has gotten worse. I only stopped my Methadone for one night a week or so ago and then resumed it. I usually only get symptoms in my right leg. It's now moved to the left leg. It did this once before, when my left knee was bad and during the augmentation period a few years ago. I've also been having symptoms during the day. I had had so many good nights, and now it's back to the way it was before. Last night I stayed in the bath tub for four hours. Once I did go to bed my legs woke me up around 5 am. So I am tired today. I've had to move around a lot today to stop my legs from jerking. I'm not looking forward to tonight. After a few weeks of being able to sleep, I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Another bad day yesterday and night. Today isn't as bad Took an extra oxy last night, so that helped. So I was able to get some sleep. Not just as much as I had been getting. I know this will pass. I was just so tired last night and not thinking clearly.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Hope it improves soon.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I feel so bad for you. The disappointment after having good sleep...to be pushed back...and starting again to seek peace and calm.
Just to let you know you are not alone...as I write this via my kindle at 8pm I am pacing around the patio, doing stretches biding my time and wishing the meds would just hurry up and kick in.

often we can't do anything but be a shoulder to lean on.... And keep leaning because we all have days/weeks when we will be looking for a shoulder.

Here's wishing everyone as peaceful a night as possible.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was up and down a lot yesterday. Couldn't sit for very long. It's maddening when it's happening during the day as well as at night. I got in to the bath tub for about an hour. I usually can sit it there for four hour. But then my left leg started while in the tub. So I got out. More pacing. Then for what ever reason I was able to go to bed around 10. I was up and down, but did sleep in between. Then about 5:30 I took two Ativan and was able to sleep until 8:30. Then a major jerk got me up. I can tell it's going to be an up and down day. It's starting again, so I need to get up and it's only 9:30 am.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Last night I was so exhausted, so sore, weary and yet walking with symptoms. When the symptoms eventually quieted for a time I went to bed and thought, tonight I will do whatever it takes to get me some sleep.
I took my usual amitryptiline 20mg for fibro - and which is reckoned to be a good sleep aid (can't say it has been a sleep aid for me)
I took my usual zopiclone 7.5mg
I took - extra - 5mg diazepam that are rarely used and are getting very low - and I slept from 4am - 10am. Whoop whoop. 6 hours uninterrupted. Alas it's not good to take all of that and the diazepam was a one off.

debbluebird - (( hugs ))
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

PB what is causing your recent, WED difficulties, Do you know? Some seem obvious with med changes, but I don't remember or know yours.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

No obvious reasons for a change in symptoms, I could perhaps 'find' reasons like we all can at times.
e.g. I took a can of Diet Coke from the fridge cos we had a really hot day... and I never ever normally drink fizzy stuff.
Also a very close family member is ill, we spend time together, and I bring home the household laundry etc. so I am at times chasing my tail and get a bit remiss about taking medications exactly on time. Very bad me...... we all know how important it is to take those meds on time and keep ahead of symptoms.

This evening I have no out of sync symptoms and yesterday had been such madness.
Today my meds were on time and it was a more gentle day spend with hubby at our Shopping Outlet Centre.
I should remember to practice what I preach and always stop whatever I'm doing and take the meds before I forget.
(for the ladies = at the outlet centre I got such a bargain on 2 pair of shoes, both pumps. One grey suede the other cerise pink suede - cool or what !! :thumbup: )

So, rthom, no major changes.... just WED reminding me who's in charge.
Betty

rthom

Post by rthom »

I'm glad today was a little better

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:(for the ladies = at the outlet centre I got such a bargain on 2 pair of shoes, both pumps. One grey suede the other cerise pink suede - cool or what !! :thumbup: )

I wanna picture of you in them :-). The pink ones, that is! Cerise pink suede shoes...sounds awesome.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.