restless feet

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
kittykat

Restless Feet Again

Post by kittykat »

Well here I am again, only this time I'm fighting the creepy crawlies and I'm sick too. A friend recomended that I try xanax. It helps her. Well I did and it made me sick on top of the RLS. Its 1:30am and no sleep in site. I'm sleepy as I can be but I can't lay down or I'll throw up. I didn't get to go to the Dr on the 17th like I was supposed too but I'm going to my other Dr on monday. I hope for the best but I expect nothing.This is just getting to be too much. With stess from family issues and no sleep and still things that have to be done I don't know how much more I can take. The last week all I want to do is bawl my eyes out. I feel like a very weak and stupid person when I read all the other posts here. I know theres a lot of other people thats got it worse than me but I can't seem to get a grip. Thanks for letting me vent. It helps. Seems like everyone in the family have their own lives and problems and don't understand but I know everyone here does.
Thanks
Kitty

becat

(((((((((((HUGs))))))))))

Post by becat »

((((((((((Kitty)))))))))
I'm sending you hugs. I was up with you tonight, meds and all. I too, was itching bugs that weren't even close to going away.
Yup, this make you feel loopy and I'd cry too if it would help me. In fact, I have cried many a night.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick on top of all this. That just makes ya feel like there's not reason to have a bed. I had pheunmonia about 5 yrs. ago. at Christmas. I couldn't get enough air to breath and could lay down either. I was a mess. It took three rounds of antibiotics to get over the biggest part of the infection. I know now my body had no time to heal, since I did not sleep.
About your family, yes, everyone has their own lives going on, but ......Unless they really have ever had this, how could they understand. Even with those that watch it happen, the feel empathy hopefully, but don't get it.
Yes, there are others on this board that may have RLS on a higher level, but honey any RLS sucks. Your important here, we understand. We care about you and I'm sure your family does too. It's just hard to make sense of much when your sleep deprived and struggling.
I promise there is hope. With some healing rest comes new eyes. Hang in there and big hugs to you honey.

kittykat

restless feet

Post by kittykat »

Thanks becat,
I feel better today. Sometimes late at night it looks bleak, but you help a lot. I just feel sorry for myself sometimes and I'm a worrier so everything worrys me more than it should. Thanks again and hugs to everyone.
Kitty

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hi, Kitty...

Glad last night was better. I know you're having a tough time, and you're right... one of the things that I think is most difficult about RLS is that so many times, the worst times are at night, when you're exhausted and alone... because everyone who might be willing to support you in other things is now sound asleep-- where you WISH you could be. I've always said, worries look bigger in the dark. :(

Hang in there!
Hugs-- Sara :D

Sara

Post by Sara »

PS... Kitty

You're not stupid or weak. You're at your wit's end to deal with this. Anyone who could blame you for feeling as you do has NO idea what this condition does to our lives.

And please be careful with xanax and stuff like that. Some of them work great for some people, but they can also have very tough side effects and make you feel even freakier sometimes, too. As a chronic anxiety sufferer, I have watched people struggle with anti-d's and anti-a's with really mixed results. Docs currently pass them out like candy, though.

Crossing my fingers that the doc on Monday will have some suggestions and help for you.
Sara

kittykat

restless feet

Post by kittykat »

Thanks Sara,
It sure feels good to have people that understand and that you can share feelings with. Right now Im taking Paxil and its making me gain so much weight that I'm afraid for my health but I've tried alot of AD's and Paxil is the only one that helps my anxiety and depresson. The only thing that helps calm my RLS sometimes is getting on the computer and then my feet swell up like balloons. It seems like when I do something to help one problem it creates another one. Oh well whats life without problems. I guess we'll make it thru with the help of our friends here. Thanks again and hope you all have a good nights sleep.
HUGS
Kitty