A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Re: A Statagy for Fixing Me - My Visit to a RLS/Apnea Guru

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:So last night I had no sleep again and today I struggled with RLS most of the day - no sleep and very little sitting - this would sound terrible normally but for me it was a walk in the park compared with the last week. The main complaint today was that my feet, especially my right foot is sore. I soaked in jetted tub twice today which actually helped my whole body. I am cautiously optimistic that the insanely bad withdrawals are over, but then I am still weaning off the methadone for another 4 days so I suppose it could get bad once again but I sort of doubt it.

It will be interesting to see what my medication requirements will be after this for me to be WED symptom free.

How did you injure your feet, EeFall? Sounds miserable to be doing all the walking with injured feet.

Methadone is like the benzos - some of us have terrible difficulties stopping it and others stop it with no withdrawal symptoms at all. I've stopped methadone three times now - no issues. Doety, on the other hand, had to use Suboxone to get off it it, then was miserable getting off the suboxone!

I hope this is definitely the other side of the valley.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:
EeFall wrote:So last night I had no sleep again and today I struggled with RLS most of the day - no sleep and very little sitting - this would sound terrible normally but for me it was a walk in the park compared with the last week. The main complaint today was that my feet, especially my right foot is sore. I soaked in jetted tub twice today which actually helped my whole body. I am cautiously optimistic that the insanely bad withdrawals are over, but then I am still weaning off the methadone for another 4 days so I suppose it could get bad once again but I sort of doubt it.

It will be interesting to see what my medication requirements will be after this for me to be WED symptom free.

How did you injure your feet, EeFall? Sounds miserable to be doing all the walking with injured feet.

Methadone is like the benzos - some of us have terrible difficulties stopping it and others stop it with no withdrawal symptoms at all. I've stopped methadone three times now - no issues. Doety, on the other hand, had to use Suboxone to get off it it, then was miserable getting off the suboxone!

I hope this is definitely the other side of the valley.

After I wrote the part about being over the "insanely bad withdrawals" I didn't realize life would sucker punch me for saying it :lol: I didn't sleep at all last night again and the longer the night wore on the worse my symptoms became until I would be trying to lay on the couch because of my sore feet and I was wildly turning all of my extremities in different directions because the restlessness was so bad it had to also be from withdrawals :shock:

It is which came first the foot or the pacing? My feet are injured from pacing and dancing for hours on end from the withdrawal symptoms (like RLS restlessness on drugs) and WED itself. My feet are actually bruised from so much walking and dancing :lol:

Methadone may have done both to me, nothing and also terrible withdrawals. I think it has to do with the quantity and length of time I have taken it. It does not seem to be messing with me much this time (unless that is what last night was?). The doctor I think assumed the Lyrica would have the least problems withdrawing, then the pramipexole, then the methadone (as it seems to be with the majority of other patients he seemed to imply) but he told me on the phone that it must be the other way around for me that if he would have known he would have taken me off methadone first and Lyrica last.

I was feeling so bad this morning from going through hell night that I took kratom, this will be the last of it that I take until 14 days from now when I will have gone 10 days without anything. It allowed me to lay in bed 2 hours, not sure how much sleep I got but just laying there was like finding the gingerbread house, the big rock candy mountain, and neverland all at the same time. Actually I may never have a reason to take it again if everything works out :D

I would like to share some just incredible news that popped into the mailbox yesterday! My wife has just returned to work after 9 weeks with her broken leg and now I have 5 weeks without pay for trying to get well. So money has been very tight losing 14 weeks of pay. Yesterday though our mortgage company sent us a check for almost $1400.00 out of the blue! We overpaid on our taxes and interest by that much. If there was ever a time to get a windfall this was the exact time! :D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Wow.... getting money back...... :D :D

You have now come so far.... 14 more days..
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Great news about getting the return of your over payment. Funny how things happen.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Sunday my 10 days of no medications begin. As it is I am still not getting ANY sleep. By 8pm at night I begin pacing, last night pacing did not even help again so I assume I am still going through withdrawals, or maybe just starting methadone withdrawals. The last dose will be Saturday morning. Last night I spent many hours cussing and half in a trance. I would discover that I was no longer in this room, but the one next to it and looking the other direction. I can't concentrate to write, just updating this, I'm exhausted but doing okay.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It must be pretty scary to find yourself somewhere other than where you thought you were. The stuff of nightmares.
We do appreciate your updates. And it also reassures us that you are still well enough to post, even if it is just a few words.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Hope your night improves some==rest would be good, if not maybe another soak.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's a wonder some of us don't accidentally kill ourselves taking all the drugs, trying to get some relief. What we go through is indeed the stuff of nightmares! And, this one is pretty high on the list of all time scariest nightmares!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:It's a wonder some of us don't accidentally kill ourselves taking all the drugs, trying to get some relief. What we go through is indeed the stuff of nightmares! And, this one is pretty high on the list of all time scariest nightmares!

I wonder how the doctor knew that basically everyone does not sleep during withdrawals from Lyrica, pramipexole, and methadone? I have gone through withdrawals before for some of the medications I have taken and I don't remember extreme insomnia. Maybe it has more to do with pramipexole, I don't really know but why would it totally mess up ones sleep until one gets no sleep at all.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

I think it is simple: it is impossible to sleep with untreated (or almost untreated) severe RLS that goed on and on and so you cannot sleep, full stop. So the symptoms itself are the culprit for the insomnia (+ withdrawal issues). That's how I see it, but I might be wrong.

It is not good to read that you are exhausted (of course) but I am pleased that you have added that you are doing well.

Another day has gone by. One less in your uphill struggle.

Corrie

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Try to remember that there is an end to this nightmare. and believe it or not you will get through it. Try and stay focused toward the goal. I don't understand why they didn't put you up somewhere while you went through the withdrawal period. Your body is going through a cleansing to get all of the poison out. We are all behind you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:It's a wonder some of us don't accidentally kill ourselves taking all the drugs, trying to get some relief. What we go through is indeed the stuff of nightmares! And, this one is pretty high on the list of all time scariest nightmares!

I wonder how the doctor knew that basically everyone does not sleep during withdrawals from Lyrica, pramipexole, and methadone? I have gone through withdrawals before for some of the medications I have taken and I don't remember extreme insomnia. Maybe it has more to do with pramipexole, I don't really know but why would it totally mess up ones sleep until one gets no sleep at all.

When I took the rotigotine recently, I only was augmented for ONE DAY - just one day. Yet after I stopped it, I didn't sleep at all for quite awhile. And only something like 2 hours sleep total in the first 3-4 days. That was just with one day of my brain being overloaded with one drug. Even when I had to go go through withdrawals from tramadol and clonazapam, I slept. Nausea, fever and chills would wake me, but I'd sleep. I didn't have an issue with methadone, but I'd think it much more like tramadol or clonazapam - sick, nausea, tired, that kind of thing - not hyper and wired! Every dopaminergic I've stopped after augmenting (and that's been all four that are currently available) has caused increased symptoms, increased PLMW and insomnia to go with it.

Managing Your RLS

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:Every dopaminergic I've stopped after augmenting (and that's been all four that are currently available) has caused increased symptoms, increased PLMW and insomnia to go with it.

I also have now stopped pramipexiol because of augmentation alone probably about 10 times over the years.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

So it is about 6:45 pm on Friday and I am of course restless. Tomorrow I take my last methadone, just a 1/2 tab or 2.5 mg, exactly what I took today. I started this July 12th by stopping Lyrica and then went on to stop pramipexole, and then to end methadone. I thought a little while ago there is nothing more revealing than what I saw in the mirror walking over to my recliner, me. In the last couple of weeks I look 10 years older, I'm not kidding, I looked exhausted and pissed off.

Anyway, tomorrow is the last of the drugs then 10 days without any. How long is the no sleep going to last? Will the doctor put me on anymore medication? Stay tuned to my exciting world of being extremely exhausted, tired, and pissed off :mrgreen:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We are staying tuned - without doubt. !
Betty