heat making rls worse?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
moonlight

heat making rls worse?

Post by moonlight »

I dont know if this is coincidental but its really hot here ,yes hot in Scotland, and my rls is much worse, does anyone else find this?

Im now not on any meds for the rls since feb, can cope but its hard as it hurts so much.keep forgetting to go to pain clinic for acupuncture lol
moonlight
sleep is not only a dream

Polar Bear

Re: heat making rls worse?

Post by Polar Bear »

Here in N. Ireland we will be getting the same heat wave - can't say I've noticed any worsening.

That's a big step - not to have been taking any medications since February. If you keep forgetting to go to the Pain Clinic, perhaps your symptoms in general, are actually not as bad as they previously were, even if at times they are playing havoc ?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

My symptoms are worse on cold, drizzly days when I am working outside and have gotten wet.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Polar bear, no the symptoms are just as bad , i have music on the pain clinic days and forget to go as i love music so much. I also get it worse after ive been walking several miles, which is annoying as i like excersize.

there was no choice , I had to stop the meds as they were making my tinnitus worse and thats way toooo hard to handle.

badnights i dont notice a difference in the wet and cold ,than goodness as its like that a lot here, but if your bothered more then , then maybe it is the heat that is making it worse.

i was out sailing today, beautiful day and also walked bout four miles and yes on way back in the car rls went crazy and now its niggling but am moving all the time just have to.
sleep is not only a dream

badnights

Post by badnights »

oh sailing would be so nice!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.