Stress

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Penguinrocks

Stress

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi all

I need some information from everyone as to whether or not stress has increased your RLS/PLMD.

I left work today bawling my eyes out because of the so called supervisor i have to report to. i've called doc and have asked him to document my phone call as i am so upset i don't know what to do and i feel awful and dizzy.

Some times i feel as if i cannot catch a break. I know you have all felt that way as well.

loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Penguin,

I know my meds make me respond to stress differently. Not sure that the stress itself had any affect on the RLS, though. Any med that screws with neurotransmitters (antidepressants, anti-siezure drugs, parkinson's, etc.) in my opinion can have other side effects. They are changing how these very important mood regulating brain chemicals are balanced. Change one, it has an effect on others (at least I believe this - not sure all docs would agree with me).

I won't bore you with the details, but sometimes these drugs make me into a different, unhappy, crying, everything in life sucks, everything is wrong kind of person. These moods come and go and ARE NOT part of my normal self. They ARE NOT related to having RLS on it's own. At least for me. They ARE related to the drugs I'm taking AND the dosages. Move the dosages down, the symptoms decrease.

Not to mention that not sleeping does not make for shiny happy people :D . And add any hormonal changes, especially menopause related, and it's a wonder that any of use get through any day without many incidents.

If it makes you feel better, on a not very good day recently, I told off a lady in the parking lot at the hospital. She could have been visiting a dying husband or coming in for chemotherapy or whatever and I was unable to control myself. And all because she was driving too slowly and stopping traffic because she was confused and I wanted to get to my neuro appt more quickly. An hour or so later I was crying in the frozen aisle of my local grocery store because they were out of the gnocchi I wanted to eat for dinner and only carried a brand I don't like.

Ann

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Thanks Ann!

He accused me of something that I need to do to complete a portion of my job and told me I'm NOT supposed to be doing it??????????????

He's been on my case for a long time and i've done everything in my power not to punch the little Pr**k, but I need my job cuz I need my insurance, because of this and here we go with the vicious cylce again
Love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey there ladies, I know for me when I get stressed out my leggs hurt something awful,and the bugs have invited all their friends over. I just quit my job because of the supervisior so I know that kind of anger. It caused me many sleepless pain filled nights. I finally couldnt do it any more so Im looking for work again.
But today I feel like I could cry if someone looks at me wrong Thank GOD I can stay home today and not out in public, I worry about losing it too. ~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

becat

Hello Ladies

Post by becat »

Hello Ladies,
I have to say that stress just puts me over the top.
I was fine until Feb 1., after my Grandmother's stroke and the following events of the last 3 months......well UFFFFFFFAAAA.
I agree with Ann, that lack of sleep and bad meds can blow everything up. It builds slowly enough most times, before you know it, your wrecked. That snowball effect, it's a witch. Not only that, but the rest of your body starts to fail as well. Sleep deprivation is just a killer. It clouds everything and some days you never know it.
Ann, I lost it last year like that at the pharmacy. It was the begining of the thread My RLS Mountain. I had no other choice that to write it out. I apologized to the kid, but I was focused on getting those meds.! I wanted relief. That was the only thing I could see, like a finish line. They weren't there, I just started to to fall apart. I guess that is why my mother has always told me to think about that other person first......they might be having a worse day. Wish it worked better for me....LOL not really, I try.
I'm so sorry to hear that the job and that jerk are outta hand. The corp. world is totally out of touch with it's employees. Should you need my broom, it's a turbo. I'll overnight it to you. LOL Write everything down, keep notes. I promise it comes in handy. Everytime you want to punch him, sing the Oscar Mayer Hot Dog song........Just think of him as the punch line. LOL
Who knows what next will bring me, this week has been a case study in Murphy's Law. I like you lost it this week, around Tues.. Can't say exactly what the details were, but I really did spend most of the day crying and just out of my mind. I had no control over the day or myself. Yes, My body was out of control. I hear ya!
BTW, EVERYONE......check, count, and verify your prescriptions. I was given the WRONG controlled substance by the pharmacy this week. Not a great thing to have pills with Tylenol if one is allergic to it. :shock: No kidding! I have always counted my pills and have gotten the wrong thing before, but good gosh this one threw me. Controlled! In a safe, and they got it wrong!
Lyn, your friends love you......But if your legs are still acting up, give them a hot bath and rest until that Doc. appt......I'm hugging you from Tx..
Ya'll honestly, hope I can controll next week. I don't want to get barred from the hospital. LOL I'll take cookies and give that charming (grit your teeth) smile......hmmmm where did I put my charm?
Hugs to you all.

jan3213

Stress, did someone say STRESS??????

Post by jan3213 »

Hi all, It's Jan!

Lyndarae, I'm glad you emailed me back last night! I'm glad you're out of there! Penguin, you hang in there, too. Did you get my answer?

Becat, honey, GOSH DARN IT! I'm trying not to be dramatic (you know how I am), but I was born a worry wart and I have my broom on a battery charger (you know with the price of gas, I had to convert to a battery). So, if you need me, I can get down there in a nano second!

I am all better, now, and I would love to fix everything! BTW, STRESS--ask BECAT about Stress and Me--Ask LYNDARAE about SRESS and ME. Probably all of you COMBINED handle it better than I do! haha Seriously, everyone says "don't get stressed, it'll kill you". It's easier said than done. But, it's true. If you guys find the answer, please send it my way. Becat, you are a cool cat under pressure--at least you come off that way. I always think I'm the worst one when it comes to stress. That's one reason why I think this forum is so great. If we're all honest, we can see that we're all affected by it and we are not alone. Penguin, you're not weird, or bad, or difficult, or whatever you thought you were! My gosh, like Ann or whoever said. We're so sleep deprived in the first place.

Anyway, just thought I'd put my two cents worth in!

TTYL
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

LOL

Post by becat »

OOOO Jan,
LOL :lol: Battery charger, that's great. I'm still using my gas one. Hoping to swwitch to propane for a clean burn.....lol
No I don't always come out of stress as cool as it looks. But I think when I try too hard to "maintain" my body pays for it.
And as for this week, it's been so wild, I just had to laugh at some of it. I really couldn't believe most of it myself......I guess that's life some days.
I'm trying my best to just let things flow.
Your right, it's a relief to have this board......these people. Nice to know that I'm more normal than I thought. A constant feeling of comfort around here. It is nice to know that any of us are not the only ones with more than UnNormal crap going on. Beautiful support, compassion, and thoughtful sharing. A gift to all that partake.
Maybe Ann was right about it being a full moon this week> I hope that is the answer.
My hugs and love to you all. I'll do my best to keep you informed as this week goes on. May not have too much of a chance to log on, but I'll let someone know.........
I will miss being here, but gotta a task at hand.
(((((((hugs and love)))))))))))

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi All!

Jan, i did reply i sure hope it didn't get lost, cuz i cannot remember what I wrote (think a 38 year old can have a "senior moment"?)

Becat, and you have told me YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOU! I shall miss you dearly while you are gone, but know that my heart and prayers are will you and everyone here always and I hold you all very close to me.

Every one, WAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZUPPPPPPPPPPPPP? Good gravy! couldn't help it sorry. I think I'm going to be sick and stay home from work Mon and Tues. I have a meeting with the Pres of the college Wed a.m. and I may start looking into SSI for this lovely little disorder thingy we have to see if there is anything to help.

Woke myself up night before last to t he sounds of me screaming. now THAT was pleasant! Then i started thinking. How i wish we had an on/off switch!

Loves ya
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hang in there, Penguin, honey.

Lots of stress in my life right now, too... and because I have a chronic anxiety disorder as well as RLS, chemical and/or situational anxiety can be exacerbated by stress, which wears me out... and when I'm tired, my RLS is at its worst.

So for ME, "just" being stressed won't bring out worse RLS... but sometimes the "legacy" of stress on my overall health willl have more RLS as a by-product. And you know we've all talked about how, the more you NEED to sleep with this thing, often the less you're ABLE.

As our elderly tenant says about rheumatiod arthritis.... "What a mean disease to have!"

:roll:

Take care hugs--
Sara

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Yes Sara, very mean indeed!

Guess I'll go see doc and get all this documented and start making copies and see where i can get this to go....hopefully help out everyone in the process. that would make me SO happy!

loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin