Change in Taste & Smell

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rustsmith

Re: Change in Taste & Smell

Post by Rustsmith »

I completely lost my sense of smell ~15yrs ago, which is also about the time that my RLS went from mild to severe. My sense of taste didn't change much, although I cannot taste mild flavors but meat, sweets, sour and strong spices are still there.

I had Covid last month and all the doctors kept asking if I had lost my sense of smell and taste. The seemed surprised when I would tell them that I lost my sense of smell many years ago but that my sense of taste might (only might) have improved a little with Covid.

And like PB, it was nice to hear from you again EeFall. It has been quite a while.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I guess I didn’t mention that for years I can barely smell anything. In some situations it can be funny or dangerous depending on situations but losing the ability of tasting many things is really just sad. Fortunately I can still taste huckleberry pie (my number one food) although the price of berries is sky high. I also have severe tinnitus in left ear and less in right.

tagalongbuddy

Post by tagalongbuddy »

What does your neurologist think about your symptoms?