Update

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Betty/WV

Re: Update

Post by Betty/WV »

Thanks Mary, I only sleep 2 or 3 hours at a time also. I don't know if this is because of pain or what. Of course, as we age we don't sleep well. Even people with out WED/RLS don't sleep well.

I have never heard of kratom. I will do some research on it.

Thanks for your email.......Wish you peace and happiness.
Take care.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

badnights

Post by badnights »

This book might be interesting to you, Betty/WV: The Pain Survival Guide, by Turk and Winter. I haven't read through it yet, and some parts are hard to apply to RLS/WED, but other parts seem very relevant. For someone like you with fibromyalgia and arthritis on top of WED, it should all be relevant.

I like the concept of a pain gate, a gate that allows the sensation of pain into your mind; it opens not only when you're injured but in response to other signals like bad mood, focusing on the pain, and unknown factors that are responsible for chronic pain; and closes or narrows in response to good mood, concentrating on something other than the pain, medication, and unknown things that hopefully researchers will discover that will cure or treat chronic pain. It leaves a lot of room for getting back in control of your life, and for hope.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Thanks for the information about the book. I'll check Amazon.com. That is where I usually get my books. I got the results from my bone scan, negative. No bone cancer etc. And my sed rate dropped from 58 to 49. i really think it is the arthritis, fibro and WED. Thats enough to give anyone pain. Plus the depresssion from all the above. Did you ever see the commercial for some anti-depressant that says "depression hurts."

Interesting concept "pain gate". It makes sense. I have never liked the idea of going to a pain clinic but if things get any worse that may be my last resort.

Take care.
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand