My RLS should I get a 2nd opinion ?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
rlsishell

Re: My RLS should I get a 2nd opinion ?

Post by rlsishell »

All is well! *Knock on wood* I think a lot of it was stress and not going to bed at normal times. I have not changed much but sticking to the sleep schedule and lowering stress is the main thing I think helped me. I'm focused more on family and making myself and my family more happy!

So ferritin levels were 'normal' she said as for hemoglobin I don't think I got that checked. Next checkup I will be sure to get both looked at and get a report sent to me.

I got 3 week vacation coming up and boy am I ready to unplug... and hack on Bluetooth,SDR and WiFi :P

Thanks all!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well done.
Regarding your Ferritin levels of 'normal'. Why not contact your Doctor and ask what the actual level is, for your own information.
The usual 'normal' may be around 20 - 30, and is much less than what a sufferer of RLS would want their levels to be. We are generally better with a level up near 100.
Again, well done :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Stress is huge. Today my doctor actually prescribed yoga or breathing exercises two times daily for me! The idea being to encourage that relaxed, stress-free physiological state in which the immune and body repair and maintenance systems function best. How can we ever see improvement if we're always running from a tiger?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rlsishell

Post by rlsishell »

10/14/2017:

Update for me it's work stress that starts it all **i think**

I do find that earbuds and sleep brain waves 73/75htz works to get me to sleep and maybe even stay asleep

the trigger I think for me is as follows:

-workstress causes me to drink
- drink causes abnormal sleep patterns and no exercise
- all that causes more home stress
-then you loop untill you lose your mind or fix the work stress

i have ADD and I know horror stories of people self medicating but i been taking sleeping pills and adoral to help at work. I basically can't drink and minimise work stress till a get a less stressful job. With ADD everything is 2-3 times harder so i need to go back to a job that is 2-3 times less stressful for me...YMMV

badnights

Post by badnights »

well, you're figuring it out, and that's good.

Don't forget the iron ... if your ferritin is less than 100 **and you have no contraindications from your doctor** you might be one of us who feel lessened symptoms when taking iron.

Alcoholic drinks can set me off. I used to think it was only red wine and draft beer, but it's not that simple. Some reds, some whites, some beers will set me off, others won't. If I get actually drunk, I'm doomed - the symptoms are relentless - so I've pretty much stopped that altogether.

What aspects of your job are stressful?
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Alcohol absolutely can set me off!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

Question - when you wake up w/RLS is your mind running? Or. are you in a very sleep-like state?

Personally, I've noticed that I'll often wake up due to RLS and my mind is running at a million miles an hour.

Thanks.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I don't know about when I wake up, but my mind will frequently race when I am having issues falling asleep due to RLS.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Question - when you wake up w/RLS is your mind running? Or. are you in a very sleep-like state?
I get both. It's less traumatic when my mind is wide awake. If my mind is asleep when the WED sensations are going, it's awful.