Edit by Moderator: post from another board is copied below:
My RLS should I get a 2nd opinion ?
Postby rlsishell » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:52 am
( CORRECTION GABAPENTIN and TRIAZOLAM is what I take for sleep not FENOFIBRATE and TRIAZOLAM )
It started about a year ago now. I would sometimes like most people not be able to sleep RLS would keep me up maybe once a month. But this past year has been hell ( sleep about 2-3hrs a night) and I just within the past few months started taking GABAPENTIN 300MG - TAB and TRIAZOLAM 0.25MG TABLET before bed. Maybe once a month I have issues sleeping. I just wonder if there is anything I can do to get a 2nd opinion I would like to know why the hell my body is like this now.
• I work normal hours but stay up late with a normal sleep schedule ( 8:30-2AM EST)
• My wife says I only move my legs. Its not PLMD etc. Sometimes I sleep on the floor so I can gyrate my legs or body back and forth etc untill I goto sleep
• I am a male ~32 years of age ~200lbs with mild ADD I only just now started to take AMPHETAMINE/DEXTROAMPHET 10MG on as needed bases ( maybe once a month if that )
• I did not take anything before I went to the doctor. Maybe once in a while take iron pill ( border line anemic )
• I used to masturbate about once a day on average but now I don’t. Maybe once every 3 days or so ( I was reading that RLS has to possibly do with IRON and DOPAMINE levels )
• I have little or no stress job ( work from home mostly) and I am very happy with my job/relationship
• Without the GABAPENTIN and TRIAZOLAM I can goto sleep but I wake up 3-4 hrs later and can’t sleep for about another 4hrs
• I tried exercise ( walking once a day ) I also tried 12hrs of airsoft airsport and went to bed and still had RLS ...
• I tried all other methods only thing that seems to work is a hot hot bath and I can sleep for about 2-3 hours. Nothing else but meds I am able to sleep past that.
Here is what I currently take:
GABAPENTIN 300MG once daily before bed
TRIAZOLAM 0.25MG TABLET once daily before bed
Here are some other meds I am on ( again I took nothing before I had BAD rls ):
FENOFIBRATE 160MG - TAB ( doc said I had high triglycerides
VITAMIN D2 More Information 50,000IU - CAP ( not sure what for I guess I had low D )
AMPHETAMINE/DEXTROAMPHET More Information - 10MG CAP ER 24H ( for ADD again I take it once a month if that .. )