NEW NEUROLOGIST--NEW HOPE?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sara

Post by Sara »

Ditto all that Becat said, Jannie.

Except forget hugging the doc... for THAT, I might have KISSED him! :oops: :lol:

Hugs-- Sara

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jan, I am so happy for you. You deserve such a wonderful doctor. And if you have RA, what a great partner to know is on your side. Lyndarae got a good one finally and so do you. Wonder who is next to get a great doc that currently is struggling??? Hope it's someone soon.

Ann

cornelia

congrats

Post by cornelia »

Congrats Jan, on your new neuro. I am sure you will find yourself in 7th heaven. Not nice to have RA, but now that you know what is wrong you and your PARTNER can find the right treatment for you.
I am terribly happy for you.

Corrie

jan3213

Thanks Ann and Cornelia, but

Post by jan3213 »

It's Jan

I must have given you the wrong impression in my post. I didn't mean to give the impression that I am exactly "jumping" for joy. I AM happy that I have found a new doctor. I stated that earilier in my thread. I did want to tell everyone what Dr. Nemani said about partnering with me during my treatment.

But, this post was simply meant to give the results of his diagnosis and I'm NOT thrilled with that. I don't suppose anyone would be. I was devestated when I came home Monday. I'm not looking for sympathy, but I didn't expect congratulations, either.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Sorry, Jan, if I offended you with my message. Of course I know it is devastating to have RA. However, even when you feel devastated you could have known that I meant well. You should know that by now. And remember, English is not my mother tongue, so I might have chosen my words incorrectly.
That is all I want to say about it.

Corrie

Importance of finding good dr.

Post by Guest »

Hi Lori here.

I thought I was the only person who had a problem with doctors.
I was diagnosed with excessive daytime sleepiness 8 years ago and put on Provigil after having a sleep study. I was in a MVA had a plate and screws in neck. My husband went to my appt with me and asked him what he was going to do to get me out of pain. He said once you have hardware in your neck your done for life- and that I would never get any better and just except the fact that's how it's going to be. He told me stop going to all these different docotrs and having test that I was wasting my time. After we left my husband asked if always talks to me like that- I said yes. My husband said I don't ever let anyone talk to you like that- and then realized why I was depressed and didn't want to live anymore. I'm just 40 years old and I'm not going to throw my life away because one doctor said to. Well needless to say that was my last appointment with him. I also had a pain management doctor who was more interested in the sweatshirt my husband had on then what was going on with me. I don't understand these doctors and how they get away with it. I got rid of that pain management doctor too. I found a new pain management doctor who is great- takes his time with out and explains everything. The first appointment I told his I was looking for someone that was willing to work with me and I knew I had a chronic pain- but I needed to get at at a pain level I could function with and give me guidance and direction. His reply was that he would do the best in could for me. I told him that's all I'm asking for. He sent me to a rhematoid arthritis doctor to rule out lupus. I never had any bloodwork. This doctor is the one who ordered my current sleep study which showed 248 movements in 3 hours of sleep, no REM sleep and increased alpha waves at night. She said I should have had repeat sleep study every 3-4 years. My old neurologist also said not to take any medication and get use to dealing with the pain. My current pain management doctor said that was the worst thing that happened. Once you have spasms and pain you have to break the cycle of pain if not it keeps snowballing. I really think if I was treated properly after my surgery I wouldn't be in the physical mess I'm in now. I don't have a new neurologist yet- I'm almost afraid to. I feel the less doctors the better- You just need good doctors.
Thank god for my family doctor telling me to get rid of the doctors if your not happy with them. I work at a hospital part-time x-ray - I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do so but- A quick story these doctors who don't give a crap about their patients but when one of there family members have a sliver or a hang nail your suppose to bend over backwards for them. But their own real sick patients that need attention they don't even care.
Well bye for now.
It's really exciting to find a doctor that treats you as a human being.
I'm really happy for you and hope that somehow everyone could experience good medical treatment.

Thanks for listening- I really got on a roll again on this topic

Lori

ANGELGIRL

Angelgirls post above

Post by ANGELGIRL »

Sorry Lori here. Angelgirl
I forgot to sign in before I posted that last reply.
But is me Lori. I'm not real swift posting yet- but
I'm learning.

Talk to you guys latter.

Lori- (ANGELGIRL)
POODLES RULE