New New Strategy for Fixing Me

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Re: New New Strategy for Fixing Me

Post by ViewsAskew »

I'm awake enough and without symptoms, so did the search for you. Now you just have to be able to sit and read the responses :-).

And, for what it's worth, it is in both Suboxone and Subutex and generic is buprenorphine. I think Suboxone has Narcan in it and Subutex does not.....

aveerik is using it - could be worth emailing him/her.

doety did take it - and it was successful, but she eventually had to stop using it and withdrawal was no picnic. You'd have to read her whole thread. (the likely order to go through the set by doety is to start at to start at the bottom of the list, as the beginning is at the end, if you get my drift....)

She talks about it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8502&p=70259&hilit=suboxone#p70259

and here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8504&p=69773&hilit=suboxone#p69773

and here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8504&p=69528&hilit=suboxone#p69528

and here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8457&p=69150&hilit=suboxone#p69150

and here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8264&p=65981&hilit=suboxone#p65981

and: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8175&p=64051&hilit=suboxone#p64051

Here's from another member:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7757&p=60057&hilit=suboxone#p60057

fraujoolie - a member who had to use opioids during pregnancy and journaled about it, brings up suboxone here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7285&hilit=suboxone

SquirmingSusan, a past moderator, talked about it here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7018&hilit=suboxone

Another post here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6906&hilit=suboxone

Hopefully those will help you learn more about it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:I'm awake enough and without symptoms, so did the search for you. Now you just have to be able to sit and read the responses :-).
And, for what it's worth, it is in both Suboxone and Subutex and generic is buprenorphine. I think Suboxone has Narcan in it and Subutex does not.....
Hopefully those will help you learn more about it.

ViewsAskew,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to look into this for me! You have single handedly upped my fondness of the human race. If I sound like an alien from a strange world, I do feel like I have just settled down on this planet and will be leaving far too soon to figure it out, but sadly I have not made any spaceflights, that I am aware of, but then one never knows. :lol: I went through all the links and found it all interesting and it has given me hope (except for some of the announcements of the terrible withdrawals which may occur from stopping buprenorphine) but today is now and I won't worry about a future that may never come. I wonder though what has become of those who no longer come here, I will settle on a happy ending for all of them in my mind and think that they have not returned because they have entirely forgotten about the nightmare of WED now that they are living "normal" lives on planet Earth. I will be picking up my prescription tomorrow and taking it in the evening. It is an interesting place to be, stuck out here on this tiny planet with a strange alien affliction (will it would be to an alien). Live long, without WED, and prosper. I have been watching old Star Trek episodes intermingled with Futurama :lol: while reading up on the new attachment to the Gemini Telescope that can see planets in other solar systems, far, far, away - for real!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad it helped.

I think that the issue is with physical dependence - just reduce it slowly if you need to stop it :-).

You'd be happy watching movies/shows with my husband. He just ordered remastered versions of 2001: A Space Odyssey and also of Bladerunner. He was SO happy watching on his 60" TV :-).

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ViewsAskew wrote:Glad it helped.

I think that the issue is with physical dependence - just reduce it slowly if you need to stop it :-).

You'd be happy watching movies/shows with my husband. He just ordered remastered versions of 2001: A Space Odyssey and also of Bladerunner. He was SO happy watching on his 60" TV :-).

I sent a note to the doctor, he had asked me to do so when I get the prescription, and I will be picking the new meds up today. It must be a little more complicated than just stopping and starting the meds. Hopefully he will get back to me today.

I remember when 2001: A Space Odyssey opened at theatres, I was a teenager and I went to the movie with 2 of my cousins who were the same age and it totally floored us. Several years later I was telling a friend about it, who was 20 some years older than me and he rented it because of my awe inspiring story. Later he told me it was the most boring movie he had ever seen :lol: My wife feels the same way. I think it is interesting that there is such a great divide in the perception of the movie, personally I could watch space films with an orchestra for background music all day and recently purchased a 3D DVD which was filmed on the space station, awe inspiring to me, I imagine the closest I will get to experiencing the real deal. I have watched Blade Runner more times than 2001 :D but then that is another story.

Last night I could not even attempt to go to bed, finally when I did around 1:30 am I lasted 5 minutes. I then prepared a Cup-of-Noodles (I know, a delicacy to be envyed for sure :lol: ) and sat here in a daze until around 4:30 am and called in sick. I was woken from my stupor to the phone ringing at around 6 am, still sitting on couch, and my son had called to ask grandma to babysit because our 1-1/2 year old granddaughter is sick (both parents work). My wife, who recently retired, was out of here in record time to babysit, it is like going to Disneyland for her :lol:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Eefall - Cup-a-Noodles - that must be the same as our Pot Noodle !!!
What a delicacy - don't think it makes up for not sleeping :wink:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Eefall - Cup-a-Noodles - that must be the same as our Pot Noodle !!!
What a delicacy - don't think it makes up for not sleeping :wink:

The problem with being up all the time is I feel the need to eat every 3 or 4 hours. I looked up Pot Noodle, it is exactly the same :lol:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well..... I'm up for a lot of the night hours and I also find myself 'grazing'. At those times I could happily tackle a Pot Noodle. However, if I remember correctly from my last Pot Noodle of a few years ago, the contents of the Pot Noodle never quite lived up to the anticipation or the aroma. Although I can remember eating them many many many years ago. We probably thought they were exotic !!

How come the fruit bowl never calls out to us night walkers, it's always cereal and carb stuff. And I'm afraid with me it's more 'want to eat' that ''need to eat'
All the nights of grazing have taken their toll, WED/medications/poor sleep has a lot to answer - or gets blamed for a lot. So last week I joined Slimming World and lost 3.5 lbs in that week. Happily or unfortunately.... next weekend I have a social gathering followed by a 2 night hotel break for hubby and myself. There's 3 days where the 'super free foods' won't get a look in.

Here's wishing you a peaceful and Pot Noodle free night.

And indeed wishing everyone as good a night as possible. :)
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Haven't been doing too well and never did get my new pills, they should be here tomorrow. I did sleep last night which was a blessing. I took more Lyrica and methadone and it knocked me out. Last night after an important football game over here in the states my wife tells me "I probably should tell you I am having chest pains in case something happens" and I called 911 (emergency number) and the ambulance and fire department came, took her off to hospital. Had to have my son come over and take me there as I had already taken my methadone and lyrica (and more than normal) so couldn't drive.

By 11:30 pm they let her go home. Apparently, because of retiring a couple of months ago, she has not been eating properly and stopped drinking wine - her potassium was dangerously low and they gave her a bag of it through an IV and it fixed her up. They also gave her a prescription for potassium and told her to start eating more fruit like bananas. So fortunately she was not having heart problems but I am glad I called 911 because she probably would have gotten worse and gone through a lot of problems for no reason. In our small town where many come here to retire they passed a law a year or two ago that no one pays for medics to come and transport you to hospital! They did this because of people not wanting to call 911 in fear of not having the money to pay for it, thus people dying. She wasn't dying but it scared me because both of her parents had heart attacks and she has high blood pressure.

Anyways, that is over but it was not a good thing at all. It scared the heck out of me, and my wife of course. Going to bed, lol later.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad she is OK. Having had hubby go to the emergency room several times over the years, I get how scary THAT is!

Looking forward to seeing how the new meds go....

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Eefall - glad is all ok for your wife - it was a sort of a 'wake up call'.
We all have to take care of ourselves in the small ways.
Betty

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Eefall - glad is all ok for your wife - it was a sort of a 'wake up call'.
We all have to take care of ourselves in the small ways.

Yes, exactly, a wake up call. In the long run it will be beneficial for her (and me) and she will start taking better care of herself.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm glad you got her to the hospital. Does she take a diuretic medication? Some people take what the doctor calls a blood pressure med and they are really a diuretic. They affect the blood pressure. There are some diuretics that aren't supposed to take away your potassium, but sometimes I think they do. and should be monitored anyway. I used to be low on my potassium, but I wasn't taking a diuretic. Never did know why. She should probably have it checked again in a few months. I'd have her follow up with her primary doc. Glad it worked out ok.
Glad you got some sleep.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I'm glad you got her to the hospital. Does she take a diuretic medication? Some people take what the doctor calls a blood pressure med and they are really a diuretic. They affect the blood pressure. There are some diuretics that aren't supposed to take away your potassium, but sometimes I think they do. and should be monitored anyway. I used to be low on my potassium, but I wasn't taking a diuretic. Never did know why. She should probably have it checked again in a few months. I'd have her follow up with her primary doc. Glad it worked out ok.
Glad you got some sleep.

Yes she does take a diuretic and high blood pressure pill.

Doc got back to me today. That new med, Suboxone, I take under the tongue. The doc said in note not to accidentally swallow it so I think I did exactly that. The dang thing went under my tongue alright but then it got way back there and I lost it. I spit, rinsed, everything I could do but I never saw it come out. I just gave up. Can it hurt me to swallow it?

Starting tomorrow after having taken 1/2 a dose of Suboxone tonight (wait 24 hours) I begin to take 50mg less of Lyrica every two days and 2.5mg less methadone every three days. It will take until February 4th to get all the way off of methadone about a week later than getting off Lyrica. Then after I have stopped both Lyrica and methadone, if I need too, I can take a whole Suboxone dose. it says it is 2mg buprenorphine and .5mg of naloxone. I heard the naloxone is for addicts so they don't shoot it, does something to them I guess. So I will be taking only 1mg of Suboxone for 9 days while I am getting off the other stuff.

This stuff better be pretty dang strong or it will totally mess up my work.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

EeFall wrote:
debbluebird wrote:This stuff better be pretty dang strong or it will totally mess up my work.

The above statement I made last night is :lol: :lol: :lol: in fact this morning I am so messed up I can't possibly go to work. It is way too strong, but of course, I also took all my other meds yesterday. If it weren't for feeling bad for not going to work I would feel too good. My wife last night had to practically drag me to bed, it conked me out watching TV. This morning I barely woke to alarm although I dragged myself out of bed. While showering I realized that I was not myself and instead of getting into my work clothes I put on my home duds and called up work to say I wouldn't be in. Don't even remember what I said, yikes.

No way I could drive, at least safely, so working with the old noodle is out of the question :lol: Now that I am sitting here I realize that I am getting an incredible buzz. I imagine it is very close to an opiate high. My whole body feels euphoric, like every cell is happy. Good lord I see why people get hooked to heroin and the like. On top of that I an dizzy and I also have a little nausea, I imagine that I am at the high limit of all the drugs together. 22.5 mg of methadone, 300 mg Lyrica, and 1 mg of Suboxone must be about my limit.

God bless America, the world, and all its chemists! I sure hope this doesn't last (although I would be mad to want it to end). The reality check is I gotta work and pay the bills! In the meantime though I will sit here and enjoy it, after all the things I have been through over the last year this is like a party within myself. :D

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Glad to see that you will be able to "enjoy" the day, even if it is hopefully a one time experience. After the last few months, you were due.
Steve