does anyone have pain in thigh?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
pinky

does anyone have pain in thigh?

Post by pinky »

I just found this site and believe I have rls. I have all 4 of the criteria but have not seen a doctor about it. The way I have been describing the syptoms that occur late at night is I get the "heebee-geebies". I feel like I can not stand myself and want to crawl out of my skin. It is almost a jittery or 'speed" effect although i know I have not taken anything to "speed" me up. My leg, especially left one, will involantary jerk, espcially when i am very tired. All of this is usually between the hours of 10 - 2 PM.

About 2 months ago, I developed this terrific pain in my thigh. When I have been sitting for over 1/2 hour and try to get up to walk, my leg does not move for a few seconds or if it does, it is very painful. I have to stand there until get my leg starts working again and the pain goes away. i went to the doctor for this ( not thinking about rls). They xrayed my hip and back and it showed nothing. I started physical therapy this week to try to stretch the muscle. One of the treaments they did was the ultrasound heat. When the therapist reached a certain area on my thigh, a sharp shooting pain ran down my leg below my knee. I had not had any problem below my knee before.

Has anyone else experiecned this problem in their thigh? Does it sound like this is rls or could it be something else?
Thank you for sharing ideas.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Pinky, I'm not a doc, so anything I say should be taken in the spirit in which it is given. Your first symptoms sound like classic RLS. The second part is different. Many people have pain with RLS, so maybe they will have an opinion. Not sure what could cause that type of pain. Going with your doctor for the moment sounds like a good course of action. If what he or she is trying doesn't work, then on to the next thing. I once had a knee problem. Doc A said it was overuse and would go away in a few months. It didn't. Doc B said it was a chronic problem that would only get worse and I would eventually not be able to use my leg at all and there was no treatment. Doc C said it was loose stuff floating around from an injury and he recommended surgery. I agreed. He got in and found that it was yet a different condition, treatable but not what he thought it was! So 3 docs, none agreed and it was not what any of them thought. Guess that none of this diagnosis stuff is as easy as I think it is :? .

Ann

pinky

Post by pinky »

Thank you for your reply and confirming what I thought about having rls.
Cathy

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

HI,
Yup, i have the same thing in my right leg only. See I believe that there is a corelation between beign right handed and left handed. Anyhoo. the pain in the thigh and down both sides of the knee can make me feel like I'm 98 years old trying to stand.

It takes a longer time sometimes to stand and getting the muscles to "let go" long enough to release the pain with it.

I started Requip last Thursday. It's really hard to tell if it's working or not. Is it supposed to release the tension?

Anyhoo (again), yes i feel this pain, your pain, on a daily basis and I have been Officially diagnosed by a Neuro as of last Thursday. RLS with PLMD and detailed signs of Fibromyalgia. So, i and WE all know what you are going through and feel what you are talking about. Please, just know that we are all here for each other.

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

pinky

what is PLMD?

Post by pinky »

Forgive me, but what is PLMD? I have seen it on several messages but do not know what it stands for?
Thank you for acknowledging that you have the same problem. At least this will help me try to explain it to the doctor.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

PLMD = Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. Sitting on the couch and your leg decides that it wants to jump straight up in the air for no apparent reason. :-)

The more knowledge you have Pinky, the more power you will have to have some one listen. Print info off the site, or the web, and show it to your doc. IT's REAL. The need to be made aware and to listen.

Loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin