Basis Watch - Monitors Sleep

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
EeFall

Re: Basis Watch - Monitors Sleep

Post by EeFall »

Rustsmith wrote:This feature reduces the pressure that you exhale against, like EeFall's more expensive ASV machine. Make certain that they turn this on and that the setting is at least 2. What this means is that if the machine is supplying you with 10cm of pressure when you inhale, you only have to exhale against 8. That doesn't sound like much, but you will love it if you try it and it has no impact upon your OSA therapy.

When I first had a CPAP machine I couldn't wear it much for 3 years and then the doc said he was going to try a CPAP with the above feature on me and it made all the difference. Rather than pull the mask off during the night in my sleep I wore it and so it allowed me to use a CPAP machine. Yeah, it doesn't sound like much of a difference but it is just not naturally to be exhaling while air is blowing inward, I would never have been able to wear a CPAP without this feature.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

It has been 5 months since I started this thread. I thought I had posted it here, but I guess not. I purchased the Basis Watch through Amazon.com.

The watch stopped working after 28 days! The 4 buttons on the top of the watch stopped working. I think the watch is too fragile. I haven't looked at their watches since then but they need the watches to be shock proof. I emailed them to see if they had a solution instead they wrote back wanting all of this information about what happened, my information, etc. and I thought wow I don't have to do this I purchased it at Amazon. I looked on Amazon and I had 30 days to return it. Lucky me it was day 28. I returned it and got my full refund.

I think the buttons stopped because I probably hit a door or chair or something as I was walking through a room but I have worn watches for years and years doing the same thing and never had a problem. They are experts at monitoring the body with their awesome programming and internal gadgets but I think they have something to learn about making the watch sturdy enough to last for years. I have not purchased anything else like it because there wasn't really anything else out there that worked as well for the price.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Excellent to get your refund. Isn't is strange how there is a 'ping' and brings something to the forefront of the mind, just in time.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation