I'm Back....for the most part

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
becat

I'm Back....for the most part

Post by becat »

Hello, (((Hugs))), and my love to all......
Yes, I'm back for the most part. Bringing him home was my Mother's Days present, what a great one to have.
Hubby is doing very well after his arotic valve replacement. I must say that he was not the sick guy there. Organ replacements were most common, so his little valve was nothing compared to many of the stories I heard. Talk about putting your life in perspective, wow, We are blessed. I spent most of the nights at the hospital with him and what a wonderful nursing staff that we had. I did not find myself in charge at all......LOL yes, I still took goodies to everyone, just not as a peace offering this time. LOL
We are now driving a daily 3 hour round trip back to the hospital everyday until his medications are correct. That time includes the doctors visit, so it's doable. Think this will go on for the next week or two. Well worth it to have him at home where we can nap for longer than a hour or two. I took my PJ's and just got comfy at night, sleep oh I think not. Forget having RLS, they wake you to give you sleep meds or pain meds. LOL All in all his working out for the last three years made his recovery faster and easier by far. The next two months will be interesting, he's never had much time for hobbies, just been working. We'll see how this much time off effects him. Thank God for Baseball.....
As for the RLS, it was a monster, but knew the stress and walking/standing around would do that. Not to mention the diet one keeps to stay awake or to ward off being so nervous. I was right in getting the extra medications, even though I didn't take them much. At night I told the nurses "I'm off duty". I'd medicate when things would slow down for the evening, it helped some. I'm still in a fog a bit, so I bought a pair of walkie talkies, giving one to my sons. They wake up far easier than I do and he can call them at night if he's in need. He doesn't want me on the couch where I can be by him. Still looking after me, awwwww! I think he doesn't want me to get into that habit of sleeping on the couch again, I did that for so many years. Honestly he doesn't have a problem at night, so I'm trying to give him some room as well. It's so hard not to hover, but I don't. Ok, I try not to do that too much.
I do have some good news to share.
I got a call today......they have excepted my application for the DFW area RLS Foundation as a Support Group Leader. I will hopefully begin meetings in June. I'm so excited.
I miss you all. Hope this finds you all with the stars and moon shining on you and the sun smiling. Gosh I miss you all.
Hugs to ya ALL. Got a alot to catch up on.

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

sounds like you guys are real troopers. Becat it is so nice to hear you talk so positive under such adversity. I dont know that i would be able to be as strong as you. Amazing how we find the stregnth to cope. You have certainly become a stratight A student in self reflection. You know yourself very well Lyn and I only wish the best for you and your family. My experience with very tramatic events in my life has taught me that it is a perfect oportunity to grow closer to those that I love.

Thank you for sharing such a personal part of your life with all of us so that we may learn from you. To see you flourish in such a time is inspiring.

All the best to you and your loved ones Lyn

I may be just a dumb Canuck but I always have a special place for you in my heart. And today Lyn my heart is singing knowing that you are well.
I know that I have not posted in a while but that does not mean you are in my thoughts as you frequently are.

I am entering a new chapter in my life with my family with our new addition due in just about 2 weeks. I have mixed emotions about a new baby in our lives and the challenges that it will bring. But one thing that I know for sure is that I am feeling alot of love and support from my mother and inlaws. I sometimes find myself wondering what she will be like. Watching my first daughter Brianne over the past 2 years has been priceless. She has single handedly tapped into a part of me that I never knew existed. I often am just blown away that I am even a parent. Fatherhood has certinly exceeded any expectations that I had.

Once again all the best to you and your family

Brady Ferguson

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

CONGRATS BECAT!

They could not have chosen a better person for a leader!

I'm so glad every thing is working out well!!!!

Loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

HEY SWEET GIRL, MY FRIEND IN THE WOODS!

Post by jan3213 »

It's Jan

I'll keep this short and sweet! You know you have my heart and always will. CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING MADE GROUP LEADER! I told you those guys would see what a great Group Leader you would make! How could they not? You will be awesome!

As you know, I am so happy and thankful that you were able to bring your hubby home Sunday. What a wonderful Mother's Day present! I've had so many people praying for "my friend and her husband in Texas". They just automatically ask how you both are, now. I was so happy to get your call the day of the surgery. Could you tell? I practically yelled "hello"! haha

You are a very strong woman, Becat. You may go up your "tree" once in awhile, but you always have a hand stretched out for a friend to grab hold of. Thank you for that. I love you and will forever.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Awwwwww

Post by becat »

Awwww Brady, Penguin, and Jan,
some of my favorite RLSers.... some of my favorite people. WHat a pleasure to hear from you all. I can't tell you how many times I would have loved to chatted with you guys. I can now, thats good by me.
Nope, Brady, I can't tell you I was all that strong, but I was blessed. I knew it as soon as the surgery was over. I have had to take much of the last 3 months is one step at a time, but that is ok.......You know we all learn from each other around here.......life skills and support have been key to my life lately. I'm glad to hear your getting some well deserved support as well. Keep me on the update list.
And it feels a bit like bringing home a new baby, some much responsiblity involved in being in charge.
It's a process of a new education. His medications are much more involved than mine and I'm researching them as I have time and the energy.
I'm so please that your so close to the birth of the new baby. I hope that ALL is going well for you and that your stuff is finding some good resolve. Thank you for the love, I'd never refuse something so special.
Thank you Miss Jan and Miss Penguin for the congrats....a little scary, but very exciting......What if no one show's up for a meeting.....*note to self...low calorie snacks in case I have to eat them all myself* lol
It's a new begining around my house, some of my life as well.......but as always I love my bunch here and am glad to be home with you all too.
hugs to all

Sara

Post by Sara »

Low cal, HIGH PROTEIN. It'll help the first night leader jitters. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucky Dallas/Ft Worthers!

Sara :D

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I agree Sara!

What a wonderful person to have as a leader!

Even though I may have the benefit of "some of the best hospitals in the US" there is still no support groups for me.

There is one for chronic pain and Fibro, I was thinking of going to that one. I'm starting Hypnotherapy next Wednesday. At'll be interesting!

It seems strange that the pain is getting worse with knowing what it is and being put on Requip. It's not working. *sigh* No new appointment with my neuro until next month. So we'll try hypnotherapy and see what happens.

Now back to the matter at hand. SINCE I don't have a RLS support group near me, I'd be HONORED if you'd be my leader Becat! :-)

Loves
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

You Bet I would

Post by becat »

You Bet I'd be Your leader, just don't follow to close, I wobble lately! Don't want anyone running into the wall..... :lol:
Penguin, you have to let us know how that Hypnotherapy works. I'm truely interested if it does. I know that someone close to me did use this process for weigh loss and better eating habits. It did work for that.
Sara, I promise to try to find a good snack for the meetings........
Although, I tend to look for chocolate or salt for comfort food.......hmmmm Chocolate chip patties? LOL
Thank you both for the support.......I'd feel luckier to have you guys here with me. We'll see what it brings, probably will do fine, if I'm not alone....And I'm not.......I've got ya'll.
Luckier for me that I have you.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hey, weebles wobble but they don't fall down :lol:

I PROMISE to keep everyone informed after I start my hypno therapy.

I have used hypnotherapy before with my panic attacks. Now i can go to the arts/crafts store, pick up what i need and not start shaking and drop it all.

But mostly, i stay away from crowded areas so i don't know if it really worked.

But i will and do promise to keep you posted.

LOVES
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey girlfriend,Im so happy for you and hubby !!!!! thank GOD all is well.We need to hook up in a chat things are just going crazy here but good crazy, I will be home wed.night if that works for you.. I miss ya honey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~lyndarae

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

Congratulations on the support group leader position. I am just getting to know you on this board, but I already admire your work and supportive nature. I hope your husband's recovery goes well and good luck in your new position. Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma

becat

awwww Thank you Both

Post by becat »

Hey Girls,
My Miss Lyn, girl I'd love to sit up and chat with ya.......just begging for a little more time before I can. Things are going well for hubby and I couldn't be happier. We are still making almost daily drives to Dallas for bloodwork. Ugggghhhhh, maybe I'm a bit worn out. I'm ususally in bed by midnight these days. :shock: I know "who am I?" This week I've taken a chest cold from one of my boys....I'm shoving Airborne and hot tea in every chance I get. I long to take an antihistamine, but won't legs already hurt.
Squirmy ( Miss Tina), Thank you so much for the wonderful words. I will do my best as group leader and trying my very best to take care of hubby. But I do thank you for your support in both ventures.

I hope all of you know I miss you truely and look forward to being back around soon.
Hugs to all.