Knee Surgery Question

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
skn0412

Knee Surgery Question

Post by skn0412 »

Hi All !!!
So.....I have a Mediscus Tear in my knee .... I am looking at endoscopic surgery for repair. Anyone have this done? And how did you deal with your WED/RLS during recovery??? I go back to the doc next Monday to discuss surgery and would like to have as much info as possible.....how do I deal with being in a brace not being able to walk if I need to?? :?:
Hugs !!
Sue

debbluebird

Re: Knee Surgery Question

Post by debbluebird »

I had both knees repaired, after meniscus tears. They should give you percocet for pain and that should cover your WED. With all of my knee and hip surgeries, that's what worked for me.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

They thought I had a meniscus tear and they went into repair it about ten years ago. Turned out to be chondramalacia instead, but surgery is surgery, I suppose. The WED wasn't worse immediately after, likely because of the opioids. And, they had me using it as much as possible immediately, so walking wasn't a problem. I think I was only off of it for 24-48 hours - and then I started physical therapy and was walking.

I did talk to the surgeon to make sure they followed the WED FOundation's protocol. You can download it from the main rls.org site and give it to the surgeon.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

skn0412

Post by skn0412 »

Thank You Ladies !!! I have the Protocol already downloaded and will bring that with me to my appointment !!
Sue