Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
EeFall

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:50 am
I have had fibromyalgia for 40+ years and find that it can wax and wane. I hope this is the case for you.
I hope so too. I felt the pain before at different points but it wasn't bad, I just thought it was from exercising. Now it has flared up until it is not possible to pretend like it is not there.

The sleep doc had me purchase magnesium citramate and take at bedtime. Plus he mentioned taking cold showers around 4 hours before bedtime. Also my regular doctor had me start taking Acetaminophen Arthritis Pain extended in morning and evening.

So far not much help.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Oozz wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:52 am
EEfall - When you wake up from “breakthrough” symptoms, what is it like? Do you get the urge to move or does it just suddenly wake you up from sleep?

Hello. I'm not sure what you are referring too in the quote above but I looked at some of your previous posts and I took methadone for several years and it quit working. I have now been on Suboxone for 9 years and it still works better than anything I have taken over the past 20+ years.

Even Suboxone is not perfect. I tend to shake my feet while sitting in my lounge chair and wake up sometimes but I thought my life was over until I started taking Suboxone. I have no idea why it works. I think that RLS spans from mild symptoms for some people to insanely bad for others and it is the ones who have insanely bad like me that benefit from Suboxone. Probably because RLS is really a group of illnesses that are clumped together.

Oozz

Post by Oozz »

My breakthroughs symptoms occur differently. I don’t get an urge to move, i just wake up. It’s very unusual and I was trying the determine if you also may have experienced this, but I think not.

Did you escalate your dose of methadone prior to going on buprenorphine? Although both are opioids, buprenorphine works very differently than methadone which likely explains why it is likely effective. I’m using it now after experiencing methadone tolerance and it’s much more effective at lower equivalent doses. However, it gives me the worst insomnia and my sleep quality is horrible. I’m hoping this will pass with time.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Are you taking it early enough? I take 1 mg at 2:30 and 1 mg at 5:30. I don't have any issues with insomnia for now. Good luck

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Oozz wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:34 am
My breakthroughs symptoms occur differently. I don’t get an urge to move, i just wake up. It’s very unusual and I was trying the determine if you also may have experienced this, but I think not.

Did you escalate your dose of methadone prior to going on buprenorphine? Although both are opioids, buprenorphine works very differently than methadone which likely explains why it is likely effective. I’m using it now after experiencing methadone tolerance and it’s much more effective at lower equivalent doses. However, it gives me the worst insomnia and my sleep quality is horrible. I’m hoping this will pass with time.
I didn’t take larger doses of methadone but doctor kept adding drugs to it until I was taking 5 meds a night. When it stopped working a new doctor took me off all 5 and put me on Suboxone. I sleep but it is very light. I wake easily. Now I am getting up early by an hour or so but I am now hurting all over including the small of my back. At least I can sleep. I actually feel lucky that it works at all.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I’m still kicking 🙂 Suboxone is still working.

In the past year an old tooth root canal I had from around 10 years ago came back. I ended up going to an Endodontics doctor and he fixed it up. A month later it came back. Went again and now I am waiting another 2 weeks to see if it will be fixed but I can feel it so I doubt it. Even though I have dental insurance they only pay half. I wish now that I should have had it pulled.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, we make the decision at the time trying to avoid the dreaded denture or the expense of an implant.
Hindsight gives us a different view. Perhaps the time has come.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I went back to dentist (actually a doctor) and he has tried to fix my tooth again but he says my body is not allowing my gums and tooth to adhere to each other. He doesn’t know why but now I wonder if it isn’t RLS or Suboxone related (or both).

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Suboxone has been reported to be implicated to dental issues. RLS itself shouldn't be involved, but the use of Suboxone for your RLS could be.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Rustsmith wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:52 pm
Suboxone has been reported to be implicated to dental issues. RLS itself shouldn't be involved, but the use of Suboxone for your RLS could be.
Thanks for looking into it for me. Nothing I can really do about it as Suboxone is the last med that works after having RLS for at least 24 years. I always wonder if there might be a cure someday.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

We can only be hopeful. Just recently I started having some gum issues. I started the buprenorphine last summer.