Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS/WED sections.
EeFall

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Postby EeFall » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:51 am

I have taken Tylenol-Codeine #3 but not for RLS. Actually I think it made my RLS worse but then it could be drug interactions. The list of side effects for Suboxone are huge but as with other drugs it will either work for you or it won’t. My major complaint is it makes me itchy at night and have to be careful of taking to much before bedtime or hyper alertness kicks in. Considering I was taking 5 different drugs a day before Suboxone i am now less drugged up for sure. 5 to 8 hours sleep a night versus 2 to zero is a big plus!

badnights

Postby badnights » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:48 am

ly on another thread Trazadone has been mentioned. It would appear to help with sleep, at least initially. Although not without it's negative effects the next day. Or getting used to it.

For someone (moi !!) who never sleeps more than a couple of hours continuously, I'm wondering would it be worth trying say... twice a week. If it worked and gave perhaps 8 hours sleep would the next day effects be worth it? I know we're all different and effects vary.

For those of you who have tried it, is one night's sleep worth the after effects?
The side effect of making me sleepy the next day has disappeared. I take half when I can but I don't hesitate to take the other half if I feel like I'm going to need it, or if I keep waking up. It does wonders for sleep maintenance. I take 50 mg. (or 25).
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:22 pm

badnights wrote:
ly on another thread Trazadone has been mentioned. It would appear to help with sleep, at least initially. Although not without it's negative effects the next day. Or getting used to it.

For someone (moi !!) who never sleeps more than a couple of hours continuously, I'm wondering would it be worth trying say... twice a week. If it worked and gave perhaps 8 hours sleep would the next day effects be worth it? I know we're all different and effects vary.

For those of you who have tried it, is one night's sleep worth the after effects?
The side effect of making me sleepy the next day has disappeared. I take half when I can but I don't hesitate to take the other half if I feel like I'm going to need it, or if I keep waking up. It does wonders for sleep maintenance. I take 50 mg. (or 25).

I also found the side effect of being sleepy the next day disappeared over time. But, I also found that I needed more over time to get the same sleepy-time effect at night.

The first time I took it, I slept 16 hours! In a way, on a weekend, that might be nice once a week.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “General Topics: RLS/WED”