Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
EeFall

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by EeFall »

Yankiwi wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:34 am
You can learn to fix most easy household problems by watching YouTube videos.
YouTube is awesome, I Even used it for info to paint car.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:35 pm
It's great to hear from you. I started taking suboxone/buprenorphine last summer. I take a 2mg film and cut it up into 4 parts. I only need to take 1 of those 4 parts. I take it at 2:30 pm. I have an alarm set. I also carry some in my purse. I found that I had to take it that early so that I could go to sleep and not be awake all night. I hate that alertness. Anyway, it's working out most of the time. I still take gabapentin 1800mg and I get steroid injections in my lower back every 6 weeks or so. They alternate each side of my spine. Otherwise it would be 12 weeks.

If I take more of the film, I get nauseous, even vomit. Also itchy skin. So it's a balance. I start to have some RLS a week or more before each injection. If I didn't get those, I'd have to take more buprenorphine, but as you can see I can't. But I'm generally doing well. I'm retired 12 years now. Time goes by.
Yeah itchy is bad but at least it lets me sleep. I take it 4 times a day or it makes me stay up at night which is the opposite reason to take it :oops:

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:35 pm
It's great to hear from you. I started taking suboxone/buprenorphine last summer. I take a 2mg film and cut it up into 4 parts. I only need to take 1 of those 4 parts. I take it at 2:30 pm. I have an alarm set. I also carry some in my purse. I found that I had to take it that early so that I could go to sleep and not be awake all night. I hate that alertness. Anyway, it's working out most of the time. I still take gabapentin 1800mg and I get steroid injections in

If I take more of the film, I get nauseous, even vomit.
You might be getting nauseous by taking gabapentin and Suboxone. It wasn’t nice to me. I take the 4 mg size all of it every day and sometimes an extra 1 mg. I think mainly because my mouth is too dry sometimes when I place it under tongue. It is awesome it works for you. My doc tried to get me down to 2 mg but it just does not work. One strange thing about Suboxone is that if I forget to take it I can’t stop yawning. Really strange.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I think my nausea is from something I'm eating. I've pretty much gotten used to the buprenorphine. I figured out 2:30pm prevents my insomnia most of the time.
I only get RLS once in awhile, as my injections where off. I'm also in the process of increasing my spinal stimulator.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:40 pm
I think my nausea is from something I'm eating. I've pretty much gotten used to the buprenorphine. I figured out 2:30pm prevents my insomnia most of the time.
I only get RLS once in awhile, as my injections where off. I'm also in the process of increasing my spinal stimulator.
Are the injections for RLS?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Basically yes. It starts with the severe osteoarthritis, which causes back pain and pinched nerves, which in turn both cause my RLS. So they help.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:34 pm
Basically yes. It starts with the severe osteoarthritis, which causes back pain and pinched nerves, which in turn both cause my RLS. So they help.
I found out last year that I had a crack in my lower spine which causes back pain, pinched nerves also. When I was a teenager I had a bad fall on a motorcycle but didn’t tell anyone as I thought my mom would take it away. Also flipped a bike and actually went to hospital back then, I thought my little finger was broken but doc said no. A few years ago I mentioned it to a doctor and he said it was broken back then now it goes over other finger when I close hand lol

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Isn't life fun ? Lol

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:20 pm
Isn't life fun ? Lol
I like John Lennon’s quote from a song:
Life is what happens when you are making other plans.
👍

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

EeFall wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:18 pm
I am so fortunate that my Suboxone is still working after all of these years.

I take the sublingual 4mg but I split it up into 4 rectangles and put them in two contact lenses plastic boxes. So each one is in an airtight container. I take them at 8:30 am, 12 noon, 6 pm and 7:40 pm when I remember to take them on time. Lately though I even have an alarm on my smartphone that warns me 5 minutes after I should take them, as my Amazon Alexa tells me to take them at the correct time. When I do get really depressed I take Kratom and it snaps me out of it on the same day. Nowadays I only take it maybe every other month.

It is amazing how I do forget though and it ticks my wife off for sure :lol: but really it can mess my whole day up. If I don't take them I start yawning like crazy and become depressed and of course jumpy. Sometimes it is because I am working outside or not at home. Other times I just plan forget right after the alarm goes off. One of the hazards of getting old.

My hearing is not what it used to be but I still listen to all kinds of music and enjoy it. I actually find it funny when I know I have heard something incorrectly. Deaf humor lol. I have been retired now for almost 5 years.

One very cool thing I purchased was a Meta Quest 2 VR. It is sooooo awesome. I have been doing Beat Saber almost everyday. Another program called Wander can take you to any place (where google has been) and I was awed when I went and saw the Egyptian pyramids and the Mayan pyramids too. Just like being there. Virtual reality is so cool. I almost got sick the other day riding a VR rollercoaster :lol:

Anyway I am still riding the big wave! I think I will see if I can go VR surfing!!! I miss you guys.

I was looking at your times for taking the suboxone. I'd like to increase my dose. The injections are starting to not work. My back pain and RLS are getting worse.
Dilemma, when to take it.
I take .5 mg at 2:30 pm to prevent insomnia. I want to add another .5 mg. I used to spilt my methadone, like 9am and 9 pm, something like that.
I'm not sure what times to prevent insomnia and to he able to go to bed before midnight.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

EeFall wrote:

I take the sublingual 4mg but I split it up into 4 rectangles and put them in two contact lenses plastic boxes. So each one is in an airtight container. I take them at 8:30 am, 12 noon, 6 pm and 7:40 pm when I remember to take them on time. Lately though I even have an alarm on my smartphone that warns me 5 minutes after I should take them, as my Amazon Alexa tells me to take them at the correct time. When I do get really depressed I take Kratom and it snaps me out of it on the same day. Nowadays I only take it maybe every other month.

It is amazing how I do forget though and it ticks my wife off for sure :lol: but really it can mess my whole day up. If I don't take them I start yawning like crazy and become depressed and of course jumpy. Sometimes it is because I am working outside or not at home. Other times I just plan forget right after the alarm goes off. One of the hazards of getting old.

My hearing is not what it used to be but I still listen to all kinds of music and enjoy it. I actually find it funny when I know I have heard something incorrectly. Deaf humor lol. I have been retired now for almost 5 years.

One very cool thing I purchased was a Meta Quest 2 VR. It is sooooo awesome. I have been doing Beat Saber almost everyday. Another program called Wander can take you to any place (where google has been) and I was awed when I went and saw the Egyptian pyramids and the Mayan pyramids too. Just like being there. Virtual reality is so cool. I almost got sick the other day riding a VR rollercoaster :lol:

Anyway I am still riding the big wave! I think I will see if I can go VR surfing!!! I miss you guys.

I was looking at your times for taking the suboxone. I'd like to increase my dose. The injections are starting to not work. My back pain and RLS are getting worse.
I take .5 mg at 2:30 pm to prevent insomnia. I want to add another .5 mg. I used to spilt my methadone, like 9am and 9 pm, something like that.
I'm not sure what times to prevent insomnia and to he able to go to bed before midnight.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

EeFall wrote:

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was looking at your times, EeFall for taking the suboxone. I'd like to increase my dose. The injections are starting to not work. My back pain and RLS are getting worse.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:26 am
I was looking at your times, EeFall for taking the suboxone. I'd like to increase my dose. The injections are starting to not work. My back pain and RLS are getting worse.
I think I would try 9 pm as I take mine in evening but usually read for on average 3 hours afterwards. If it doesn’t work then I would change up or down an hour and see how it is after a week.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks