Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Yankiwi

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by Yankiwi »

We are all pulling for you, even those of us who haven't experienced what you have and can't make any suggestions. Best wishes from the Southern Hemisphere.

sleepdancer2

Post by sleepdancer2 »

I'd like to suggest you ask for the detailed report on the home sleep study and study it for clues. Seems from what I've read they can be helpful for ruling in sleep apnea but not so reliable for ruling out. So many variables too - like how much you slept and what sleep stages you achieved in what position. It is so easy for a study to not tell the whole story. If it couldn't tell you that you slept in REM while supine, it may very well have not captured your worst case scenario. And if it was a night your legs were acting up, your apnea may not have had a chance to fully manifest. Not trying to be a skeptic, but it seems to come natural these days. Seen too much. We cannot count solely on verbal information we've been given. I want it in black and white in detail and let me see for myself. BTW, do you have obstructive sleep apnea or central sleep apnea? Some on sedating meds get central SA from the meds. If you have ANY doubts, try to get an in-lab study.
My Augmentation Sleep Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

EeFall - about the 'having to go all the time'.
Have you had this checked out - have you been checked for a bladder infection, irritable bladder....
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm thinking that you might have a bladder infection, or kidney infection. Maybe you should get checked.
I lost my job at age 60. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. We walked away from our house and sold everything except our 5th wheel. Two years later we were able to buy this little house on contract. I will be filing for bankruptcy later this year. I had to wait for other reasons, otherwise I would have done that by now.
Maybe some time off would help. Or maybe working from home like Ann does.
DEB

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Yankiwi wrote:We are all pulling for you, even those of us who haven't experienced what you have and can't make any suggestions. Best wishes from the Southern Hemisphere.

Thank you. I just read this, I am not thinking too clearly lately and forget to even come here. I am extremely dizzy since about 1 pm today, don't understand it, it is like I took a huge dose of Suboxone but I just took the same dose at about 12:30 pm. It is difficult to comprehend that I am working. I guess it is because I am in the groove and don't need to think too much about how to design or to do any of things I do. It is a small miracle really. I just hope things get better. I keep waking at 2 or 3 in morning and can't go back to sleep. Horrible nightmares and after I wake then I can't stop thinking about all the bad things. I don't understand why, probably will start getting up rather than going through it by laying in bed agonizing. I don't normally worry. It must be the meds, and or lack of sleep. Also towards 2 or 3 in morning I wake in a sweat and I feel very hot.

So that is another reason I seldom come here anymore because I am so much of a downer. i just want to be able to work, is that asking too much? Maybe it is.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I know that I have similar issues with pramipexole - terrible dreams, lucid dreams, can't go back to sleep when I awaken, etc. I truly hate those side effects almost as much as the RLS/WED! I never awaken refreshed when I have used it. Like you, I really just want to find a way to work. So far, I am not there....
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Please don't be concerned about being a downer when you post here. We totally understand.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Eefall, it's good to hear from you - and very good to hear that you have managed to keep working.
There is no fun in having to work when so sleep deprived or on a downer though the blessing is that the work keeps the bills paid.
Please keep in touch, everyone is behind you :thumbup:
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Things seem to be staying about the same lately, in that I am able to get enough sleep to work which is a very good thing. Last two nights I have been able to go back to bed and sleep. If I can do one thing on the weekend like go to a movie, then that is about as much as I even want to do.

I really am into planetary science so I even have an app on my iphone for the Pluto Horizon mission. It is getting very exciting as they have begun to get some great and mysterious images. Flyby is July 14th. I can't wait! Also I have been following the Dawn mission to the Ceres asteroid, it too has some very strange images. Something on the ground in a few areas that seem to reflect all light but scientists do not believe it is ice, maybe some kind of salt, either that or an alien base lol, also they found what looks like a large pyramid shaped cone there, besides those two things it looks like a battered moon.

Also I am reading book after book on my smartphone, mostly science fiction. It totally transports me from here, Earth and all of my problems, which is good.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I think - for some of us - that what you've achieved is pretty darn good considering how bad it has been. The problem - at least for me - is that I can't help but want more of the good days and fewer of the bad ones! No, that's not quite right....I get lulled by the good days into forgetting about the bad...or into thinking that they are gone. They never are.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It's always been up and down for me. I've had more bad days this summer since I am more active in the summer. So even our long car rides can be difficult this summer. It's mostly a nightly event.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

If I were an Ent I would say I am getting treeish. I just want to sit and read and I'm usually groggy, dizzy, and sleepy. To conquer this I took Kratom today and it worked! Took it at 7am and took my wife out for a nice breakfast and, went to new Minions movie in 3D, very funny, and then even went to get fruits and vegetables at a place we call the farm. Did a little around the house and now going to read in bed and hope for good nights sleep.

I have not been on here because of being treeish, RLS and Suboxone is doing it I am sure. I have decided to take Kratom about 3 times a week and see if it continues to wake me up and continue to enjoy life. I hope you are all doing well and can get some good sleep!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Great idea!

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Eefall - wonderful.
Betty

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Hope it works.