Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Re: Riding the Big One (RLS 24/7, Hanging Ten)

Post by Polar Bear »

Regarding the full moon, my friend who is a police officer, insists that when there is a full moon - things are really busy at the station, over the top with crime and unsocial behaviour.

I could quite easily be interested in the theory that there is an affect on WED symptoms.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

7 1/2 hours sleep last night! I think it was the Claritin.

One thing I have noticed lately is that I am really drugged up all the time. It is making me feel slightly nauseous continually & dizzy. Even sitting here writing this I am dizzy. I took Suboxone 2 hours ago so it is full strength for me now but even just before I take it I feel the dizziness. There is nothing I can do about it but grin and be thankful that I sleep, but dang, it is the best I'm ever going to be unless there is a cure. Fact is, it is getting worse slowly just as it always has and I wonder how much longer I will be able to work.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

The dizziness could be a side effect of the gabapentin. I recently upped my dose from 600 mg to 900 mg at night. I normally have low BP and am used to mild dizziness when I get out of bed or stand up after sitting for a while. The dizziness has been much worse since I increased the dosage, so much so that I have almost fainted twice in the past two weeks. I am now torn between reducing the gabapentin to relieve the dizziness or stay where I am since it is definitely helping me to get to sleep right now.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Rustsmith wrote:The dizziness could be a side effect of the gabapentin. I recently upped my dose from 600 mg to 900 mg at night. I normally have low BP and am used to mild dizziness when I get out of bed or stand up after sitting for a while. The dizziness has been much worse since I increased the dosage, so much so that I have almost fainted twice in the past two weeks. I am now torn between reducing the gabapentin to relieve the dizziness or stay where I am since it is definitely helping me to get to sleep right now.

I think it is the gabapentin now that you mention it. I did increase mine also from 600 mg to 900 mg recently. It allows me to sleep though, I tried to go back to 600 mg but it didn't work for being able to get to sleep. The curious thing is that years ago I was taking 6 at a time and it didn't even faze me but it wouldn't be the only med that has changed on me.

6 1/2 hours sleep last night. It should have been more but I got into finishing a book and fell asleep late. Then at about 5:45 am I started getting restless in bed and had to get up. I know better than that but at least it is the weekend.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

8 hours sleep :D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am envious of your sleep :)
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:I am envious of your sleep :)

I sure hope it continues. Wishing you good sleep too!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

7-1/2 hours last night. I think I'm on a roll!

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I hope it continues. I'm thinking that there might be something else that I will have to eliminate in the future.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:I hope it continues. I'm thinking that there might be something else that I will have to eliminate in the future.

I'm sleeping a lot but I seem to be fairly tired during the day. I guess I should be thankful for what I do have though. I hope you are sleeping well too. Why would you need to eliminate something else? Are you thinking about something specific?

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I went to my sleep doc here today as a nurse I had seen recently for something else told me that I needed to see my sleep doctor here too for my obstructive sleep apnea. My doc for Suboxone doesn't really have anything to do with that. So it was nice to see him after about a year and a half.

He mentioned that it looked like I had lost weight and I told him I was on paleo diet and he was really happy about that. I told him my wife and I are both on it and he was happy about that too as he knows my wife. He said he has been on a similar diet for years. The guy is a pole, I couldn't believe that he had had a weight problem. Sort of like an alcoholic I suppose and he has just decided to eat that way the rest of his life.

The thing is he said the more weight I lose the less dizziness and tiredness I will probably have. Something about it residing in the fat in the body. He said eventually I might even be able to take less as my weight comes down. I took in my SD card from my VPAP machine and he said everything looked great except a little leaking of the mask because I use nose pillows which I guess leak a little. He was impressed how much my sleep has improved on Suboxone and gabapentin. I don't even need to see him again for 2 years!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:My stomach has been very upset since I started the thyroid med. I was living on antacids. I don't like that. So that is the main reason. Since eliminating wheat(all gluten), sugar, dairy (mainly milk), tomatoes, and processed foods I feel much better. I knew that it was tearing up my stomach and esophagus.

Have you mentioned the stomach problem to your doctor, that it is caused by the thyroid med?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

EeFall wrote:I went to my sleep doc here today as a nurse I had seen recently for something else told me that I needed to see my sleep doctor here too for my obstructive sleep apnea. My doc for Suboxone doesn't really have anything to do with that. So it was nice to see him after about a year and a half.

He mentioned that it looked like I had lost weight and I told him I was on paleo diet and he was really happy about that. I told him my wife and I are both on it and he was happy about that too as he knows my wife. He said he has been on a similar diet for years. The guy is a pole, I couldn't believe that he had had a weight problem. Sort of like an alcoholic I suppose and he has just decided to eat that way the rest of his life.

The thing is he said the more weight I lose the less dizziness and tiredness I will probably have. Something about it residing in the fat in the body. He said eventually I might even be able to take less as my weight comes down. I took in my SD card from my VPAP machine and he said everything looked great except a little leaking of the mask because I use nose pillows which I guess leak a little. He was impressed how much my sleep has improved on Suboxone and gabapentin. I don't even need to see him again for 2 years!

Nice to have some good news for a change.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

ViewsAskew wrote:I never has issues with reflux or acid indigestion until I did two things. First, I decided to take cinnamon capsules. There is a history of diabetes in my family and I am always doing things to keep my blood sugar low. I have never had a high test, but it's one of those slightly irrational things a person does. The cinnamon created INSTANT and severe heartburn. I stopped the cinnamon, but it seemed that opened the gate and it happened more frequently in situations it wouldn't have before. Shortly thereafter, I was prescribed opioids. I've heard other people say that opioids increase heartburn and the Mayo Clinic lists them on their website. Each time I've stopped taking them, my stomach is immediately better.

I take an acid blocker daily - I'd be in constant pain without it.

I don't like to take an acid blocker. I'd rather get rid of the food that causes mine. So far it's working. I'm also thinking that I will loose weight too. I took Nexium years ago. One of the side affects is muscle twitching. Anytime that is listed, I don't take it. It always messes with my legs.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hope it works. I wasn't able to not take one. I could eat white bread, soda crackers and yogurt and have acid. I am glad that you can resolve yours with diet.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.