Paying for my fun :(

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
KDecker1612

Paying for my fun :(

Post by KDecker1612 »

Went out tonight to a nice mexican restaurant, had a wonderful dinner and excellent conversation with friends. I indulged in a margarita. I'm paying for it now, awake at 1:30am with jumpy legs. Sigh. Can't get away with one little drink and a couple of hours sitting down. Stupid legs!!!!!

Ok, rant over. Hope everyone else is sleeping peacefully. Going to go try again soon, I'm so tired it's hard to type, my eyes are blurring. Sweet dreams and hugs if you can't.

ViewsAskew

Re: Paying for my fun :(

Post by ViewsAskew »

Indeed - I really get annoyed when I pay for fun! Alcohol, late nights, dancing or any extra activity, late-night sex, chocolate or sweet binges, late with medication timings (well, i guess that's not really fun, lol) - they all exact a toll.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

KDecker1612

Post by KDecker1612 »

Oh, yeah, all those goodies make life more miserable - except sometimes late night sex seems to help. Not always though, it's a crap shoot. Worth the risk though, lol! I finally passed out about 2:30am. Wasn't very happy when I was awakened at 6am. I didn't even hear the alarm, my boyfriend got up and showered and then came to wake me. Now I'm yawning like crazy. Oh well, have to get on with my day regardless, something all of us with this frustrating disease deal with on a regular basis.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

My routine was all over the place yesterday, meds were late and in one case got overlooked completely.

At 3am it took me to walk for over an hour (plus cocodamol) to get relief. This was following sleep meds so I was bumping door frames and stuff. Especially as sleep was only something like 3.5hours the previous night.
Sleep came at around 5am. I awoke again at 7.30 with mad mad WED in legs and got up, did chores etc etc till - found unused meds on the bedside table !!!
Back to bed around 8.30am and got wakened at 11am by my insurance broker to tell me car insurance was up in two weeks and could we discuss the new premium. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I was up to 1A last night and have no idea what I did not trigger it. I took my meds on time and added a Lunesta because I suspected I was going to have problems. It was so bad that I had to leave the house and go for a walk through the neighborhood even though the Lunesta had be staggering like a drunk. At least I thought ahead and took my Medic Alert necklace with me just in case the police decided to check out this guy weaving down the sidewalk at 1AM looking for all the world like I had been over served. :D

I have been paying the price all day with periodic naps just to stay reasonably productive. I had planned on working on one of my papers to be published next spring, but I am not alert enough today to handle that. :( Hopefully I will get enough sleep tonight too work on then tomorrow.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.