I think I am in remission

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Suckerbeagle

I think I am in remission

Post by Suckerbeagle »

This happened once before years ago. It lasted about two weeks or so. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel great but disoriented since I'm used to monitoring my body 24/7. It's sort of like the hiccups when they stop;you're sitting there waiting...

ViewsAskew

Re: I think I am in remission

Post by ViewsAskew »

Never to me! Well, yes, it happened long ago before it was daily. But, once it was daily....it's never stopped.

Hope it keeps happening.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Lucky you, it has never happened to me. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Yay! I like to be reminded that it's possible.

I was just going over some old papers in my collection - actually I was looking for prevalence studies - when I came across two from 2011, one done in Germany the other in Japan, and both had found that the persistence of WED is low, that is, a lot of people who have it at the beginning of the study don't have it a few years later, at the end. An editorial remarked that such a phenomenon had not been reported before, and could not explain it, other than as fluctuation in the disease.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I'm skeptical of remission of RLS, probably because it has never happened to me :lol: but check out this article, I think my skepticism is waning:

http://www.jmedicalcasereports.com/content/4/1/306

If the symptoms have completely stopped maybe it is because something has changed within your environment. Maybe the cause of your RLS has gone away or you have found something by accident that nullifies the symptoms of RLS similar to the medications that many of us take to prevent the symptoms.

If it happened to me I would be racking my brain for any difference in my daily living such as different work environment, home environment, different diet, difference in anything consumed. Difference in the weather. Maybe even the difference in construction in the area, manufacturing plants, buildings, neighbors, friends, school. There are just so many things that might be the reason. It is also possible that you had something else that was causing RLS and it is now gone or cured, or whatever.

The article above mentions a patient who was freed from RLS after having a "bilateral excision of multiple foot neuromas" how cool would that be, not the surgery but the relief of RLS!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I found this old post as I am looking for cause of my RLS appearantly going away and wonder now if it wasn't from the problems I have been having with my feet. The linked articles say that the patients RLS went into remission having foot surgery with injections. I know it is not the same thing but a few months ago my podiatrist injected my toe with a cortisone shot. That would really be weird if this had to do with my RLS going away, but also because it may be a temporary thing.

The doc found through X-rays that both feet besides having bunions are splayed (almost like a duck foot :lol: not suppose to be like that) between most toes and I actually have I think he said 4 extra bones on one foot and 5 on other. The bones are very small like teeth and serve no purpose. My feet are wide I wear men USA 9-1/2 4E or 6E width depending on manufacturer of shoe. The article in link seems to say having fixed nerve problems (removed multiple neuromas) in patients feet their RLS went away.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

EeFall wrote:I found this old post as I am looking for cause of my RLS appearantly going away and wonder now if it wasn't from the problems I have been having with my feet. The linked articles say that the patients RLS went into remission having foot surgery with injections. I know it is not the same thing but a few months ago my podiatrist injected my toe with a cortisone shot. That would really be weird if this had to do with my RLS going away, but also because it may be a temporary thing.

The doc found through X-rays that both feet besides having bunions are splayed (almost like a duck foot :lol: not suppose to be like that) between most toes and I actually have I think he said 4 extra bones on one foot and 5 on other. The bones are very small like teeth and serve no purpose. My feet are wide I wear men USA 9-1/2 4E or 6E width depending on manufacturer of shoe. The article in link seems to say having fixed nerve problems (removed multiple neuromas) in patients feet their RLS went away.

That leads me to repeat my belief that we not only have multiple types of RLS, but that some things may not be RLS but we either have not identified them as of yet to differentiate them, or that they are so similar as to be misdiagnosed.

So hopeful that this is it!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I agree. We are all lumped together.