WED/RLS Chat Room Now Open!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
KDecker1612

WED/RLS Chat Room Now Open!

Post by KDecker1612 »

Hi all :) I have started a chat room for us. It is not on this site, though that will hopefully be coming in the next few months. In the meantime, I hope you'll visit my chat room! Just let me know you are interested and I will send you an invite. I will respond as quickly as I can, but I can't be online 24/7, so please be patient. :)

Polar Bear

Re: WED/RLS Chat Room Now Open!

Post by Polar Bear »

I could/might be interested. It's a matter of time management as I am currently on overload.
However, it would be no bad thing to be able to go onto the chat room, if and when, time permitting.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for doing this! I encourage everyone who's up at night and wandering around and wants some human connection to send KDecker1612 a PM.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm up tonight, but no one is in the chat room. Don't know if anyone else has registered to get in ?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I'm up tonight, but no one is in the chat room. Don't know if anyone else has registered to get in ?

No clue. I think that's one of the reasons it's hard to do -between time zones, sleep schedules, and symptoms, it's so hit or miss if a few of us could happen to be there at the same time. On another board I'm on, one of the women who likes to chat comes to the board and posts that she's in the chat room and what time it is. She then does other stuff but leaves the chat room open so if someone joins she can see/hear it.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm on UK time, when I'm on walkabout during my nighttime ..... USA is anything from 4 - 8 hours beind me.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

OK

KDecker1612

Post by KDecker1612 »

Hi everyone. I know it's hit or miss, but at least it's available. If you are having a rough time, day or night, regardless of what time zone, you can always check in and see if anyone else is logged in. I have been on vacation for 10 days so I haven't been on, but I'm back now and will be checking in more frequently. If you would like to join, just send me a pm with an email address and I will send you an invite.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Wish more people would join this chat. I'm up again tonight.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

When a chat room was previously available, some years ago, I did not use it.
At that time, the host member had a particular day/time indicated e.g perhaps a Wednesday night, or perhaps a couple of nights, for a specific time span of maybe two hours, when the host would be 'in the room'. This lasted some time and gradually faded out. I have no idea how successful it was at its' peak.

I have just now come from the Chat Room, world wide time differences clearly come into play, and it can also be an actual 'available time' factor.
Betty

KDecker1612

Post by KDecker1612 »

The chat room is open 24/7. We currently have just 3 of us using it..I hope more of you will check it out. Often there is only one of us on at a time, so it functions similar to a board....but there has been one live conversation. If you'd like to join, just send me a pm with an email address and I will send you an invite. Then you can visit any time you like. If we get more people, I may try to have a set time I will be there, and a topic to discuss, but we need YOU!

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I would really like more people to sign up for the chat room.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am just not a chatter - sorry :-(. BUT - I do notice on a flower/plant board that I'm on that it almost always helps if someone creates a new post when they go in and says, HEY, I"M IN CHAT 8 PM SAT, or something like that. People then tend to go more frequently. But, doesn't work if they aren't signed up to begin with, does it!

Managing Your RLS