Decongestants

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rustsmith

Re: Decongestants

Post by Rustsmith »

Deb, if Claritin caused a problem, you might look for a nasal spray that contains Cromolyn Sodium (might be tough to find anymore) or one of the new OTC steroid sprays. Or your doctor can easily prescribe a topical steroid nasal spray that will quickly dry you up and start the healing (I am a bit surprised you didn't walk out with one of these prescriptions).

If you are currently blocked up, you might also want to look for a decongestant that contains guaifed. This promoted drainage and is not on the list of anti-RLS meds.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It was funny that she said my sinuses were blocked. Most of the time I don't feel blocked. My nose just runs constantly. Very painful with cpap. A friend gave me 1 zyrtec. I will try it tomorrow night. I want to skip a night.

badnights

Post by badnights »

If that doesn't work, you might want to try a spray.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.