TALKING AND SHARING ABOUT RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
lyndarae

TALKING AND SHARING ABOUT RLS

Post by lyndarae »

HEY ALL Lyndarae here!!!! I just thought I would jump in here and talk alittle about when I found this forum almost a year ago now. I had been searching and reading everything I could find and then BAM BAM I found you guys,I was overjoyed and then I saw there was a discussion board and even a chat line. I tell you what I didnt waste anytime thinking of reading any post I wanted to talk to someone. A real live person that had what I have. I had only been on a computer for about a month then and it took me a long time to register and then figure out how to talk to someone. I laugh now because I remember thinking to myself what should I ask and how should I ask it. I have seen other forum where they are rude and mean and I was afraid to say something stupied and get in trouble. I still worry to much about what others thinkof me!!!!! Anyway Im sure my first post is in here somewhere maybe I will go back and look,or maybe not!!!!!! I tried to wait to see if anyone was really out there and was I surprised to get back such a warm welcome and an ansewer and direction to my questions.
A few days later I found myself in a very scary panic attack. Too much information can do that sometimes. I am an alcoholic in recovery and knowing what kind of meds I would need to get some sleep sounded impossible for me.
I jumped in here asking for HELP!!!!! Not onlydid I get many replies my sweet Jannie called me at home and stayed on the phone with me till I was calm and could breath again. I will never forget the love I felt from complete strangers that day. All the old timers, Becat, Jumpyowl,rubyslippers,brady,sole GOD BLESS them all. And since then I have found two of my best friends. I can't wait to get to orlando to put my arms around them.
I just think that people find this forum when we are desperate and more than anything just need to talk to someone who knows what they are feeling and that they are not alone. So anyway I just want to thank everyone for being here for me and letting me know I am valued and not alone anymore thanks for everything GOD BLESS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`Lyndarae

jan3213

TO ALL NEWBIES!

Post by jan3213 »

It's Jan

This is a testimony from a woman who has come a very long way. I am so proud of her. WE ARE SO PROUD OF HER

I know for a fact that this comes straight from her heart. Please take it that way.

This place has helped so many people and it will continue to do so. It is a beacon of light to many who have no hope! Please, let us not lose sight of the original purpose of this Forum.

Please, come, join us. WE ARE A FAMILY AND WE CARE!
No one is alone who had friends.

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Hi lyn and Jan

Your right, this site has probably saved more lives than the creators ever could imagine. The world isn't so scary when you have friends who will drop what they are doing and rush to your side to get you through whatever it is that going wrong that day. That's the reason I didn't do anything stupid, if you all could find the courage to stand up and fight for the right to life when some of you are worse off then me, then I will get up and stand beside you and fight on. Together we will over come this dreaded disease and stand triumphant in victory!!!

Peace 8)

Ian
I call my pacing the "Waltz of the Damned". Anyone care to dance...?

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

I totally "hear you" on this one Lyndarae

This is such a valuable family ... and I would be lost without them. The number of times i've poured my troubles out in here are too many to count, BUT, there has always been someone around who has responded in a positive way to lift my spirits back up out of the doldrums.

I'll admit, in the past two years since i was officially diagnose, there have been a few times when i've seriously thought about ending it all ... but then I stop and think about everyone i'd leave behind ... including you guys ... and I just can't do it. We're all here for each other ... whether we have a mild case or a chronic case, we're all in this fight together.

Like you Lyndarae, I can't wait to get to Orlando and dish out some great big "thankyou" hugs!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!