After visit notes

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Bjorn

After visit notes

Post by Bjorn »

Kaiser has enabled patients to read their doctor's after visit notes. Just log in to your Kaiser acct and start reading. This would seem to be a good thing, but it can also reveal what your doctor is really thinking of you. (Until the doctors start being a little more careful)

For example, I went in with some documents that I'd downloaded from the WED.org site regarding ferritin levels. I told my doc that although my level of 45 is in the normal range the WED experts say it should be above 75. I said I was going to start taking iron supplements and he suggested a dose I should take.

Afterwards I read his notes which in summary said that I'd brought in some information from "the internet" and that I wanted to start iron supplements despite my normal ferritin. What??

So what's really cool is that you can post a response to the after visit note (which goes into your medical record), which I did. My doc responded by thanking me for the "clarification." I don't know how sincere that was but I was glad to set the record straight.

debbluebird

Re: After visit notes

Post by debbluebird »

That is terrific. I'm not sure doctors will like this though.

ViewsAskew

Re: After visit notes

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:That is terrific. I'm not sure doctors will like this though.

They must HATE it!!!!

But, I'm sure glad they have it!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.