Crazy idea #1 for a device to help RLS.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Scorpio

Crazy idea #1 for a device to help RLS.

Post by Scorpio »

This is pretty much random, but I had an idea the other day, and I wanted some feedback on it.

Ok, for most of us, taking a hot bath relieves the symptoms of RLS, correct? Also, massage has been listed as an aid as well.

Here's a proposal then. You can't very well have a water foot massager say underneath your computer desk when you have to work or something, right? Well, what about a leg wrap that you can plug in, that is either just a simple heating, or a water-tight pumping system that circulates warm water over your legs at all times, while at the same time massaging them?

Now if I only had the means to create such a device? :shock:

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

or what about talking to your doctor about a tens unit that has helped many ppl with rls
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

Sara

Post by Sara »

Doug--

In a catalog I get for foot/leg health products, they have some sort of massage and I think heat unit that seems to me it inflates? and covers you from feet to uppper thigh.

I think it's for increasing circulation or something like that, but maybe yours isn't such a crazy idea after all. :wink:

Sara :D

Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

Maybe not a crazy idea, but chances are someone will get to it before me :D

That's how the world works.
Struggling is a sign that you have not yet given up.

Andreas

TEns machine

Post by Andreas »

I have used a tens machine and after using it around the joints.I found good short term results with it criss crossed over the spline.
Yes a hot pack or hot water bottle thing would be great, you can buy water heated/cooled clothes on the net etc.I wear themo underpants/long johns year round which helps.
Karl.