Funny story, takes one to know one

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Yankiwi

Funny story, takes one to know one

Post by Yankiwi »

A few evenings ago I was at an outdoor dinner party (remember, it's summer down under). Some adults were sitting around in a circle, others were playing badminton, children were running around on a very pleasant night. I didn't even realise I was squirming that much or occasionally massaging my calves when another guest asked "do you have RLS?". She has it too and could tell by the way I was behaving. Also, whenever there were plates to be cleared of another course brought out, I jumped up to help. I said to the woman who had asked about RLS "everyone else thinks I'm just being helpful but really I just can't sit any more". She certainly understood!

ViewsAskew

Re: Funny story, takes one to know one

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's always great when someone understands! But, not nearly as common as I'd think it would be, given how many of us have it!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I fully empathise, and find myself doing exactly the same.... using any reason to get up to help, and thus having a wee leg walkabout, whether it is actually needed or not at that particular moment.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

That's funny. Nice that someone else knows what's up! I went to a gathering when visiting my parents a year or so ago and I'm pretty sure that one of the ladies there had WED/RLS, from the way she was moving while sitting and standing. I didn't get to meet her to ask her, though.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.