RGS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

RGS

Post by ViewsAskew »

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/840 ... pID=637118

An article in Medscape about the newly named "Restless Genital Syndrome."
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Re: RGS - a rant about names

Post by badnights »

Are these people hoping to influence the literature enough that the name RGS will become established in common medical usage? Are they seeking immortality in using their own chosen name for the disorder? The name PGAD (persistent genital arousal disorder) has precedence and offers a better description of the disorder than RGS. The only cited advantage to switching to RGS was that it would supposedly highlight the association of the disease with WED/RLS. That reason is not only inadequate o its own (PGAD/RGS is assoicated with inactive bladder, too; a name does not and cannot highlight all disease associations), it ignores the fact that RLS was recognized by an international group of experts as an inappropriate name and now WED is being used more and more commonly. Why associate with the old name? I feel bad for anyone diagnosed with RGS, I am sure most people would rather PGAD.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Re: RGS

Post by ViewsAskew »

I noticed that, too. I don't like it when they complicate things!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.