Waiting for requip to kick in

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
justkate

Waiting for requip to kick in

Post by justkate »

Does anyone else have the problem of feeling that you want to crawl out of your skin until the meds kick in? I feel like a nervous wreck. It takes between an half hour to an hour for it to stop I took my pills then relaxed in a warm bath and as soon as I get in bed it starts. Any ideas would be helpful thanks

ViewsAskew

Re: Waiting for requip to kick in

Post by ViewsAskew »

Can you take them sooner? Most of us try to take our doses before symptoms start. For some of us, that means splitting doses or taking meds two or even three times a day. I take my first meds about 4 hours after I get up; that covers most of my symptoms.

FWIW (for what it's worth), it takes about 60 minutes for ropinerole to work and about 90 minutes for pramipexole.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

My plan is to always stay ahead of the symptoms.
If I get caught out then I do chores.... if I have to be on my feet then let's at least find something productive :)

To just think of lying in the bath with ongoing symptoms makes me feel antzy.
Sometimes in the bath my WED would start.

But the biggie is.... stay ahead...... and as Views mentioned..... if necessary split the dose.
My medications start at 11am and end at 3am .. yep middle of the night. (last night I got to sleep at 6am !!)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

If I drink 1/2 tsp of kratom dissolved in orange juice (I keep some doses in the refrigerator so the powder has a chance to dissolve before I need it) it will usually kick in in 15-20 minutes. Usually, though, I get a funny feeling in my legs first, which is the warning that symptoms are coming. If I drink a dose then, I can usually head off the symptoms completely. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, severe symptoms will wake me up, and then it usually takes a whole tsp. of the powder (I drink two of my little cups in the refrigerator with the kratom dissolved) and walking around for ten to fifteen minutes, and then staying up for another ten minutes. Then I can almost always go right back to sleep.