Change of seasons, temperature—Catch 22

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Yankiwi

Change of seasons, temperature—Catch 22

Post by Yankiwi »

It's the beginning of autumn in the Southern Hemisphere. Our daylight hours are shorter and temperatures are falling.
In the summer I find it extra difficult to sleep because of the warm nights but I spend a lot of time outdoors in the daytime. I've been looking forward to cooler nights but that also means less daylight and I tend to spend more time sitting at the computer in the evening which contributes to WED symptoms if I'm not careful. It's hard to get up before symptoms start and deadly to keep typing once they do, even for a little while.

ViewsAskew

Re: Change of seasons, temperature—Catch 22

Post by ViewsAskew »

I had to shake my head when I was reading your post - it's all too often a Catch-22, isn't it???? Just not fair.

It seems we are all too often managing things - what, when, how - so that we can prevent things from being worse. It's exhausting!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

And sometimes there is no warning..... it strikes full and strong ..... like a ninja on attack !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Yes, exactly like a ninja on attack. I've been managing fairly well for about a month, not expecting perfection but having few symptoms other than an hour or so before bed some nights but then I'll get a swift sharp reminder that, like diamonds, WED is forever.