anxiiety

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
maybe

anxiiety

Post by maybe »

I have RLS I am 87yrs old. I have arthritis in my knee causing pain and the anxiety makes RLS worse, what I would like to know is what can I take for anxiety, If I take a pain pill for my knee I have other problems most do not work. I am taking .75 mg pramipexole. Most days it works but not when anxiety sets in. thank you

Maybe

debbluebird

Re: anxiiety

Post by debbluebird »

I will only address your knee pain. When my arthritis was bad in my knee joint, my RLS was worse. I'm thinking that the other people will say you are probably taking way too much pramipexole. You might have augmented, or will soon.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I agree with debbluebird, you pramipexole is higher than the daily recommended dose.

For anxiety I have been taking citalopram 20mg and don't think it has had an negative effect on my WED symptoms (if there is, it is very minimal) and I use Codeine for any breakthrough WED symptoms

The citalopram could help your anxiety and if necessary, would you/your doctor will willing to try Codeine or perhaps Tramadol, which would help with WED symptoms and possible also your knee pain..
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

Kratom helps with anxiety as well as the symptoms of RLS. It's a mild legal opioid. There are many threads on it; just do a search.

maybe

Post by maybe »

I thought .75 mg was the correct amount but I take 1/4 3 times a day but I wonder if I should change like you say because I find during the day I am ok but at night after I have taken .75mg of pramipexole my legs start to jump. I am going to the doctor today but being a GP I am not sure what is next what do I take thank you Matbe

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

If you have augmented, then just reducing the amount won't help. You have to completely stop it and take something else. Sorry to say.

badnights

Post by badnights »

If you're going to the doctor, bring the WED Foundation's brochure on augmentation with you, or any description of augmentation that you can find .

The link below my "signature" (my name under this post) takes you to a page that has more links. The first links deal with how to get the Foundation's brochure. The second is one called Buchfurer's paper that is good for doctors to read, since it has a section that deals with recommended pramipexole doses and augmentation.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I started ropinerole 14 months ago and was told I could take up to four .25 tablets at a time. I augmented after increasing to two and a half tablets (I think) but thanks to advice from this forum was able to cut back before too long (maybe a few weeks of augmentation hell) and am going well with one and a half .25mg tablets two hours before bed. It gets me to sleep then I take 2 Tramadol on first awakening, sometimes after only two hours but that and stretching gets me through 'til morning.