New CPAP mask and how it relates to my WED/PLM

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rustsmith

Re: New CPAP mask and how it relates to my WED/PLM

Post by Rustsmith »

Your welcome. Glad to have another convert :D
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I finally got myself moved to the other bedroom. I am hopeful that we will both start getting better sleep.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:I finally got myself moved to the other bedroom. I am hopeful that we will both start getting better sleep.

Good news! Hubby and I slept apart for many years. We had to work hard to find time to replace what we missed - snuggling, being close, sex - but we worked at it. It sux to have to "work" at what many couples take for granted, but I think it helped to keep us closer than we would have been.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

We are finally getting sleep. This is working out very well. My husband is still recovering from his neck and back surgeries. He is having less pain, which is good. Still having spasms at times, but I think over all he is better. I don't think he will ever be totally normal. I'm able to go to bed earlier without having to sleep through the TV or the computer. My RLS hasn't changed much over the last few years. I have good periods and periods with symptoms. The only thing that I have noticed, is that my lower back is continuing to decline. I don't know if this will make my RLS worse or not. I don't think there is a mattress out there, that will help my back. I get relief if I go to my side, but I can only stay on one side for an hour. (my hips will start to hurt) I wish I could sleep on my side like I used to, all the time. At least I can go there for an hour on each side. Before the hip surgeries, I couldn't do that.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Deb -- you do sound optimistic about your sleep and good to hear that your husband is also on the mend.
I too am a side sleeper but only for so long before my hip starts to hurt. I make a wee jiggle forward or back just to change the angle a little, can't sleep on the other side, or back.
Good luck.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I still wish I could sleep on my side. I would sleep better.
I guess I'm going to have to replace my fairly new mask. It's falling apart. I still like it though. I also got another type, that I am not crazy about it, but it is an alternative.