Symptoms - Burning sensation

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Bess

Re: Symptoms - Burning sensation

Post by Bess »

Hot/burning feet at night in bed (always with insomnia) has actually become the norm for me instead of RLS symptoms. If it gets really bad and I don't take any meds it will go into a full-body SEVERE RLS-type sensation where I feel like I have to just thrash and stretch my ENTIRE BODY and I've got things crawling under my skin everywhere.

I haven't run into many people with these symptoms. I did go to a neurologist and he did all these awful tests for nerve damage but they came back normal. He thinks it is some kind of problem with gating from nerve to nerve, but he honestly seemed stumped and had no idea what was going on.

The burning/insomnia/RLS does respond to gabapentin fortunately so that's what I've been taking (among other things) to manage the symptoms. Only problem is I'm building up a tolerance to the gabapentin. :/

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I had a chronic case of plantar fasciaiitis several years ago resulting from twisting my foot in a small depression. Dr. did lots of things such as tapings, injections, inserts, etc. Darn thing would just not heal. He finally put me into a walking boot for about a month which apparently gave the tendon time to heal. Have not had a problem since. Still have the boot in case it re-occurs.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sojourner wrote:I had a chronic case of plantar fasciaiitis several years ago resulting from twisting my foot in a small depression. Dr. did lots of things such as tapings, injections, inserts, etc. Darn thing would just not heal. He finally put me into a walking boot for about a month which apparently gave the tendon time to heal. Have not had a problem since. Still have the boot in case it re-occurs.

I'm dealing with that right now! I have had PF several times over the years, but this has been the worst. Golly it burns and hurts! I was walking differently one day when I had to walk a few miles and consequently injured my peroneal tendon. Now I'm in an air boot for that.

Bess - I imagine it's both bad and good that they didn't find anything on the conduction test. No one wants PN or small fiber neuropathy but we all want to get treatment.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.