Cyst on Liver

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
mocountrygirl

Cyst on Liver

Post by mocountrygirl »

I am new to this site but have already learning so much! Just wondering if anyone also has cyst on their liver? Discovered about 6 years ago my liver has around 40 cysts on it and develops more every year. Had to have surgery on my liver to remove one large one. Was not sure if my medication I have taken all these years for my restless leg had caused the cyst. Have to be careful what I take for medication now because it can effect my liver. I am 63 years old and in generally good health except for this and my RLS . I have been taking Mirapex for years but it hasn't working well in a long time. Have tried to talk to my doctor but he doesn't seem to know what to do. . Recently have tried the 4/7/8 breathing exercise and this is helping! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Polar Bear

Re: Cyst on Liver

Post by Polar Bear »

Welcome to the discussion board.
First things I'd suggest (and I must be such a bore about this but it is so important)

Get this book - it is easy to read, super for your own information and can be used for discussion purposes with your doctor. Mark sections that are relevant to yourself and take it with you to appointments. Clinical Management of Restless Legs Syndrome by Lee, Buchfuhrer, Allen and Hening. Make sure to get the second edition. These Authors are at the top of the league when it comes to the treatment of WED/RLS. It can be found on Amazon.

Second - have you had your ferritin serum level checked, this is pretty important. It is a blood test that is not normally done with routine blood works and you need to ask for it. This tells the level of iron stored in your brain – and that is what is important to us sufferers of WED/RLS. We need a level of around 100, especially if we are taking a DA drug such as pramipezole or ropinerole. When getting the results of this test please ask your doctor for the actual level = do not accept ‘normal’ as an answer. Doctors and Labs may consider 20 to be normal… but it isn’t normal for us.

If Mirapex is no longer working properly try searching this site about augmentation. There is also lots of information about augmentation in the above mentioned book.
If you can get your GP to be interested and informed, he can be of more help than some 'so called' rls/wed experts.

I don't have any cysts on my liver, sounds like something to keep an eye on.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

sleepdancer2

Post by sleepdancer2 »

No personal experience with cysts on the liver. Have known a couple people who were told they have cysts on their liver but they've never led to surgery. Since protecting your liver is a priority, you've got a layer of complexity to treatment. Hopefully your doctors will be well informed on which meds might be hard on your liver. For what it's worth, my jumpy legs during sleep are controlled by using a TENS Unit. If you have a problem finding an acceptable med, you might give that a try. It's been quite successful for me. Not everyone has had the same success.
My Augmentation Sleep Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

No experience with cysts on liver. Dr Buchfuhrer has been writing to answer patient letters about RLS for many years. On this page, there is a response to someone about liver cysts and RLS. You'll have to search on the word liver or scroll through all the posts to find it.

I have PCOS - so have had many on my ovaries. Fortunately, birth control pills resolved that for me for years. Cysts are a pain, but fortunately many types of them are no serious.

Since pramipexole isn't working, my best guess without knowing more is that you have augmented. Almost all of us do when using pramipexole or ropinerole - eventually. If you get that resolved, things from an RLS perspective should start looking up!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.