Meditation

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
robertgreen99

Meditation

Post by robertgreen99 »

Anyone find that Meditation makes there Periodic limb movements worse. I get really bad jerks.

Anyone get this or know why this happens?

ViewsAskew

Re: Meditation

Post by ViewsAskew »

Are you taking a dopamine agonist - pramipexole, ropinerole, Sinemet, etc?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

robertgreen99

Post by robertgreen99 »

On pregabalin but when i meditate my PLM is really bad.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

For me, my RLS/WED gets MUCH worse when I meditate. I did try acupuncture long ago - and found that it along with a meditative state (I would meditate while the needles were in) would make my PLMs and the RLS both go crazy. I then tried to stay wide awake - and had movements in both arms and legs. Needless to say, I stopped!

It could be that you're in a state close enough to sleep that your brain experiences it that way, so the movements start.

Do you have RLS/WED? If so, do you have sensations that precede the need to move - painful, icky, annoying, electrical, etc?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Years ago, before I started on medication, meditation was taught as part of a yoga class I attended. There was no way I could sit quietly and do anything, especially not meditate. It just made my legs hurt so much I had to move.

badnights

Post by badnights »

If I try to sit and meditate, I get WED and/or start dreaming. Literally, I sleep/dream while seated. If I have just done something physically strenuous and it is not late in the day, I don't get WED but I still fall asleep.

My solution is chi kung / qi gong, moving flow so no WED and no falling asleep, but repetitive and gentle enough to meditate while doing it.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.