Webinar: Drug Holiday - Is It an Option for Me?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Webinar: Drug Holiday - Is It an Option for Me?

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thu, Jul 16, 2015 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT, hosted by the RLS Foundation and presented by Dr Earley.

For more info, see the RLS.org website and to register, click here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 5299550978
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Webinar: Drug Holiday - Is It an Option for Me?

Post by Polar Bear »

I usually listen to a Webinar after it has taken place - and is availble.

For those who are not technologically familiar, is it possible to explain exactly and very simply how one takes part in a webinar?
On the link there is a registration form to complete.
But at the time that the Webinar is taking place how does one physically 'get on'.

This may come across as a very naive question but many of our members are not as computer literate as others, we know what we know, but are often reluctant to attempt anything outside of our comfort area. :?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Here's how it normally works.

1. You register using the link above. You enter your name, email, etc.

2. Sometime before the Webinar - a few days, a week, or the same day, you will receive an email about the Webinar with instructions on how to join.

3. Usually, there is a link in the email. You click on it and it opens your browser to the Webinar itself. Once there, you may or may not log in (in these, likely you do not). Since you do not actually talk - you just listen - you just need speakers, no phone.

4. On the page that shows the Webinar, you will usually see words, images, or other information on the screen that changes regularly as the person who is presenting talks. You an take notes if you like.

5. During the Webinar, you may be able to ask questions - some allow you to, some do not. Not sure how this will work. If you are allowed, there will be a chat area on your screen where you can type in questions.

Does that help?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Ann, that is excellent. Exactly the information needed. Thank you so much. :thumbup:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation