Driving and RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Trish

Driving and RLS

Post by Trish »

I have severe RLS and suffer it also during the daytime if I am inactive at all or if I get tired/sleepy. My problem is driving. If I have to drive out of town I have a hard time. Because of the inactivity of driving my RLS usually kicks in and then I can't keep my legs and arms still while I drive...so I then have to take a Sinemet and of course the result is I get sleepy...no win situation. I am waiting to get a referral to a new doctor since I am moving and hope to be put on the new Requip...maybe that wil do it? Anyone else have difficultly with daytime RLS and driving in particular?
Trish
newbie to forum not to RLS :cry:
100 years from now it will not matter the car I drove, the house I lived in or the size of my bank account. All that will matter is that I was important in the life of a child...

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

yes, I occasionally have daytime RLS, and driving is the trigger it seems, I don't have cruise control in my car, and I think the stillness of my right leg on the accelerator causes it for whatever reason. I also am taking Sinemet, but am asking my doctor about Requip today at my appt. in about 2 hours. I will post any new info I get from her. Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma