neuropathy and WED

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
peanut1

Re: neuropathy and WED

Post by peanut1 »

I agree this is not just an iron issue. I truly believe my primary issue is the complex PTSD and unprocessed trauma. But the iron helps! And they say in acupuncture that rich blood helps the sleep. The herbs I take (and I rotate) are The 4 substances, and zyzphus formula. The 4 substances is supposed to help with blood/iron though

Beth,

I wanted to thank you for posting about the medications. Now I know why the methodone and neurpro does not work and why the gabapentin does work! The methodone has a hyper effect which would exacerbate my primary cause. However, the gabapantin has a calming effect which is why it works and really works combined with the clonazepam counteracts the primary cause. Thank you--now let's see what my sleep neuro can come up with next time med-wise.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I'm curious how many of us have that alerting effect from opioids, and when the medical professionals are going to pick up on it as a point of interest.

(and thanks for the support, both of you :))
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:I'm curious how many of us have that alerting effect from opioids, and when the medical professionals are going to pick up on it as a point of interest.

(and thanks for the support, both of you :))

That indeed is an interesting question. If you type in "opioids keep me awake" it's amazing how many people say it - and I don't think they all have RLS. BUT - my guess is that there is some brain chemistry thing we all have in common.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.