trunk RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
estibay7

trunk RLS

Post by estibay7 »

I'm 58 now, had RLS since my 20's. Just basically lived with it, until it progressed to my truck ( upper body ) in my 50's. Started taking 50mg of Tramadol at bedtime, about 5 years ago. That worked and still basically does, but now after taking the tramadol my upper left thigh aches. Don't have the RLS just aches. Which is weird that is were the original RLS started. I guess my question is, does anyone out there have a similiar experience ? I seem to be all alone on this. Hard to explain to people or doctors, I'm not getting much insight. Does anyone else have this feeling in your trunk area where there is a physical nervous-like feeling that builds then you have to move, then it just starts to build again ? I welcome ( appreciate ) any insight one might have.

ViewsAskew

Re: trunk RLS

Post by ViewsAskew »

Tramadol is the only non-dopamine agonist drug that can cause augmentation and that your symptoms remind me of augmentation.

While not a lot of us have involvement in our trunks, we have several people here who do. (I am not one - mine is arms and legs.)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Re: trunk RLS

Post by Rustsmith »

I am one of the few that gets RLS in the trunk. When it is in my arms I can feel it as a tightness all the way across my chest that is only relieved by moving my arms so that it flexes the chest muscles. And when my RLS goes full out, I get it in my abdominal muscles. When that happens, I have to go into a fetal clench to reduce the feelings. And when I get the abdominal symptoms, I know that it is the signal to get out of bed and do something other than hope to fall asleep because I know that it is only going to continue to get worse. Whether this means a scalding hot shower, more meds or giving up and going for a walk all depends upon the night.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.