Do you ever just want to pound on your legs?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Greensea

Do you ever just want to pound on your legs?

Post by Greensea »

Sometimes, after the nth time of being jerked out of a light sleep, I really want to beat up on my legs. I don't usually, but last night I did start hitting them in frustration.

Polar Bear

Re: Do you ever just want to pound on your legs?

Post by Polar Bear »

Absolutely...... I knead my legs, rub them, pinch them, massage them, use my knuckles to hammer them, and punch them.
But they don't listen :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Polar Bear wrote:Absolutely...... I knead my legs, rub them, pinch them, massage them, use my knuckles to hammer them, and punch them.
But they don't listen :)

Exactly, that's why I call mine "stupid legs".

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My whole family DOES beat on them! It's kind of funny to see several of us all beating on our thighs at the same time :-).

I usually do it in the evening when I am relaxing and I just do NOT want to get active and walk around. t night in bed, I do it sometimes, but am more likely to do various leg exercises.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

tea4one

Post by tea4one »

I often use my fist to pound on my lower legs, usually along the shin. Its good to know I'm not the only one!

Mister_Ed

Post by Mister_Ed »

I pound my arms to knock the RLS out. Then my wife and I were at a party and we started doing the old Jackie Gleason bit about "knocking her to the moon." Then a lady spotted my very bruised arm and put 2 and 2 together and got 5. She called the local police thinking I was being abused by my wife!

After getting a good chuckle out of being interviewed, we did invite her over and thanked her for her concern. Simply put....that shows you how much I hit my arms in frustration.

Ed

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

That is one of the more humorous RLS stories that I have heard in quite a while, although I suspect that being interviewed by the police may not have been very funny when it was happening.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

chuas2

Post by chuas2 »

Abso*****lutely! I have RLS in my left side/arm, and I hammer away (doesn't help). I would cut my arm off, but then I'd probably get "phantom" RLS!!?