Does anyone get?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
robertgreen99

Does anyone get?

Post by robertgreen99 »

Does anyone get 24/7 symptoms?
Does anyone get leg twitches/jerking in teh day?

Rustsmith

Re: Does anyone get?

Post by Rustsmith »

I have had 24/7 symptoms on two different occasions. Both were due to augmentation due to use of a DA for extended periods. In both cases, my doctor changed my treatment and the problems disappeared.

As for the jerks, that is not something that I have experienced due to RLS. On the few occasions that I have experienced twitches and jerks during the day it has been due to dehydration brought on by running longer distances (many miles) in hot, humid conditions.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes indeed, symptoms 24/7 .... kept somewhat controlled by medication taken 24/7.
Symptoms 24/7 before I ever started to use medication.
I do get the occasional random twitch or jerk during the day, not just in the legs.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

robertgreen99

Post by robertgreen99 »

Sort of nice to know someone gets similar stuff to me.

I am in the uk and only on pregabalin. I dont think it does anything

What meds are you on?

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Are 24/7 symptoms usually from the electric (creepy crawly) kind of WED? I have the painful kind and couldn't imagine it all the time.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am also in the UK and my 24/7 symptoms are indeed of the creepy crawly kind which is definitely pain under another guise.
I use ropinerole, Tramadol ER, Cocodamol, and zopiclone at night.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

robertgreen99

Post by robertgreen99 »

i would say i have the painful type.

Who is your doc Polar Bear?

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

My doc is my local GP. I am unaware of any 'experts ' within my local area.

If you can
I use this book -
Clinical Management of Restless Legs Syndrome by Lee, Buchfuhrer, Allen and Hening. Make sure to get the second edition. These Authors are at the top of the league when it comes to the treatment of WED/RLS. It can be found on Amazon.
It contains just about anything we need to know. I mark sections, make pencil notes, use post-its, and if necessary take it with me if I need to talk to doc about my RLS treatment.

Do you know that there is an RLS.UK Forum where you might get information regarding doctors and treatment especially if you are on the mainland.
Betty

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I have painful RLS but once, due to a foot injury, I had brief electrical jolts in my right foot and it was so awful it made me glad my RLS was "only" the painful kind.