Have a rug in my bed.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Have a rug in my bed.

Post by debbluebird »

Does anyone else have a rug in there bed? I was putting holes in my sheets from my legs moving so much at night. RLS PLM. Sheets are expensive. I placed a very soft bath rug on top of my bottom sheet. It is about two by three. It works perfectly. It has a rubber back so it doesn't slide and stays in place.
Didn't know if anyone else has done this.

Polar Bear

Re: Have as rug in my bed.

Post by Polar Bear »

Good thinking :thumbup:

I've not had this problem, perhaps it's because I am never in bed with my legs moving.
As soon as there is a twitch I'm straight out of bed within a couple of minutes. From experience I know there is no point in fighting it, just get up :thumbdown:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

There are many times that it takes awhile for my legs to wake me up. This was also a major problem when I had my knee replacements. I didn't or couldn't get up. I'm pretty sure that I have moved my legs all of my life. But back then I slept through it.
Also something new this week. I am on a course of prednisone for pain in my mid back , which is new for me. I can't increase the opioids. I have noticed that the legs are better. Either a coincidence or it is helping with inflammation everywhere.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I haven't done it - I tend to move ALL over - my bed is a shambles in the morning. With the PLMs, I tend to roll over, kick, moan, roll over, kick, moan, move to my back, kick, moan (husband watches me and tells me, lol).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I get holes in my sheets too. My husband insists on making the bed with the bottom sheet orienting the same way every time. I know, everyone should have the problem of a husband who makes the bed! After a year or two, there is a hole a the bottom on my side. I usually patch the hole and use it or donate the sheets to a charity shop. The rest of the sheets are still pretty good. I always thought it was my toenails but, Deb, you are probably right, it is my RLS.
Good sheets aren't that expensive these days, so we usually get a new set for Christmas and rotate the old ones out.
I wish I could get up at first twitch, it would save a lot of pain, but I have a real battle between "maybe I can make it go away" (which I know I can't 99.9% of the time) and "get up now and get it over with".