Anyone else itchy?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Jen

Anyone else itchy?

Post by Jen »

I have been itchy pretty much all day every day since the nightly rls symptoms started a couple months ago.
Is there a relationship or is this a red herring?

debbluebird

Re: Anyone else itchy?

Post by debbluebird »

I have been itchy lately. I thought maybe it was my Methadone, but now I'm not so sure. It was happening when I'm up around 3 am, but today it started in the afternoon and now, at 10 pm. It's different from the creepy crawling I sometimes get in my arms. This is everywhere. I took less Methadone last night, and will again tonight to see if it makes a difference.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

We've talked about it every so often here over the years. For some of us, it does seem so. For me, itchiness seems to precede symptoms by a few minutes - so is more so in the evening. Long ago, when I had mild symptoms, I could stop the symptoms by applying lotion. Of course, it could have been that I was massaging my legs or that I was attending and more alert that really made the difference! Whatever it was, I never went to bed without lotion for many years.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

The thing for me, I have not been having any RLS or PLMs. For me it feels more like a side effect of a drug.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

My understanding is that pain relief, in particular morphine/codeine, can very readily cause itching as a side affect.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Yes, I can't take morphine, due to the itching.