PLMW - Or Jerky Legs

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Re: PLMW - Or Jerky Legs

Post by Polar Bear »

Deb - I hope today holds more promise for you. That your mood is uplifted.
Occasionally I hit a really bad one and can understand that moment of 'I just give up'

I watched Gone With the Wind movie over the Christmas holidays, .......Scarlett says = Tomorrow is another day.... and I hope it's a better one.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:

Warm hugs, Deb. I hope something beautiful happens to you today.

Ditto!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It's always another day. I'm fine. It's always worse at night when you aren't allowed to sleep.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

debbluebird wrote:It's always another day. I'm fine. It's always worse at night when you aren't allowed to sleep.

isn't that the truth!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I think that the reason I was so down, was that I was getting sick. It started feeling it New Year's Eve. Cold is now better, but not gone yet. Legs have quieted down, even though I can't wear my cpap mask due to the herpes on my nose. I would think that the legs would be worse. It just proves that there isn't always a reason.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Am I remembering correctly that over the years people have often commented that they feel better when they have a cold?

Managing Your RLS

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I don't know about colds specifically, but I do think that my symptoms are "better" when I am sick such as the flu or some such thing. Maybe rls is a bit sympathetic and wants you to get better so it can make life miserable again.

hope all who visit here find some peace this night
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I finally got my sleep study results. It really didn't tell me anything new. Just put it in percentages. If I sleep 10 hours straight, say, then I am getting 6 hours of sleep. I am awakened for a total of 4 hours, with not breathing, legs, etc. I've been tired my whole life. I aways averaged 10 hours. This was before the RLS PLM and sleep apnea diagnosises. During the years that I took Mirapex I averaged 6 hours, so I guess I got a little more than 3 hours every night. No wonder I fell apart. That was about 10 years of my life. I was exhausted.
My oxygen would drop to 83 percent. Of course one of the recommendations was to stay away from drugs that depress central nervous system. Can't do that, since I take Methadone. Also suggested that I don't sleep on my back. Can't do that either because of my hips. Can only stay on my side for about an hour and a half. The pressure that they have for me isn't enough, but it can't be increased.
So I am doomed, I knew that.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Can't say that I understand it all but am hoping that the results will be helpful--if not now then at some time in the future. Unfortunately, I think that in most areas and disciplines we are good at diagnosis/identification but treatment--not so much. Kinda crappy to know that even when you're sleeping you're not sleeping. Ugh!

Wishing all who visit here some peace this night.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I should add that the results are with wearing cpap mask. If I didn't wear it, sleep would be even worse.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Deb - can you sleep sitting up or on a wedge? Not sure if it would help or not...

I hear you about the years and the toll it takes. I wonder that I lasted as long as I did before my life fell apart.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I have tried sleeping like that. it doesn't work very well. My chin drops and closes the airway. I've tried my recliner and that doesn't work well either.
I will be seeing a pulmonologist in the next few months. Hard to get an appt.
I'm fine. Just tired. Legs are the same, some nights good, other nights, not so good.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm awake tonight. No leg issues, just awake. I think I hate these nights just as much as I hate the bad leg nights. Mainly because it is difficult to keep the cpap mask on. I finally took it off for a break.
Oh well.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Awake also. Drat. Actually, probably like many others here, even when I'm having a pretty good night with the rls the insomnia will be there. So, it's kind of a pick your poison. But, I'm always more content to be lying in bed or someplace warm reading, listening to music, the tv etc. as opposed to going nuts with the rls. Guess we'd all just prefer sleep. Hope you have a manageable time of it this night.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I had such a bad night last night...I am hoping for better tonight. Hope the same for all of you.

Managing Your RLS