PLMW - Or Jerky Legs

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Re: PLMW - Or Jerky Legs

Post by debbluebird »

I'm having pain on the top of my foot and near the outside and the back of my thigh, the foot seems to be triggering my PLMs. I have felt the foot pain before, usually during the night. It just seems to be worse tonight. Not sure if I'm going to bed tonight. When the PLM hits I can feel those pains more. Then just sitting here feeling the pain, the PLM hits. So it's both ways. It's not excruciating. Just enough not to want to go to bed. Besides, since the PLMs are going I can't ly down anyway. I don't think I'm making any sense. It's like, what came first, the chicken or the egg. But I do have to say, I was having the pain first tonight.
Will see what happens. I took my second dose of Methadone early, so hopefully that will stop the PLMs so I can go to bed. I sometimes do that, then take the third dose at usual time.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I was just thinking about this earlier tonight - any other pain or uncomfortableness seems to kick off symptoms for many of us.

Hope the drugs worked and you get some sleep.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

It worked, thank goodness.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Foot is starting to hurt again, kicking you p the PLMs. Decided to put ice on it. I figured it wouldn't hurt.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hope it helps.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

The foot pain really triggers my PLMs. I looked up the foot pain. One of the diagnoses is tendonitis, caused by excessive tightness of the calf muscle. Which makes sense, because all of the muscles tighten with my PLMs. Of course I'm just guessing. But the ice helps. It has always helped with the inflammation I've had in other areas too.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Weird how any other sensations in the legs causes our symptoms to flare. It is such an odd association. Glad the ice is helping.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I can't remember which thread that I was talking about getting another sleep study, so I will address it here. I am finally scheduled for the sleep study this coming Monday night. Then it will be two weeks before I can see the doctor again. I'm seeing the PA. I wouldn't be able to see the doctor until July. That's way too far away. I am so tired. I'm sleeping fairly well, I guess about the same as usual for me with my RLS/PLMs, but with the sleep apnea, I am not really sleeping, waking up 90 times an hour. So, I don't feel like doing anything. I also think that my immune system is not as good as it used to be. I have been getting sick quite often. Two times in less than 6 months. Before that it had been a year and before that it had been many years since a cold.

yawny

Post by yawny »

Debbluebird, I hear you on the immune system being not as good as it used to be...I've had 3 consecutive colds since December. I'm used to maybe one a year but this is ridiculous. I'm not even sure there's enough different cold viruses that can exist in such a short period but one cold will resolve, a few days or a week goes by and then it starts again. I have to buy my Kleenex in bulk at Costco to keep up. :? Hope your sleep study goes well.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Debbluebird and yawny, being sleep deprived impairs the immune system, so it probably isn't directly a function of getting older, but is more related to the increasing sleep problems associated with our worsening RLS.

And Deb, hope the sleep study goes well (never sure if that means you get a good night sleep that night or a terrible one that provides the doctor with lots of information :) ). I foresee another one in my future, probably sometime later this summer. But I am hoping that the data from my new CPAP machine, which is showing lower AHI numbers than my old one, will be enough to satisfy my doctor not to do one.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext

badnights

Post by badnights »

being sleep deprived impairs the immune system
Does it ever. I've been sick off and on all winter. Anyone can tell when I'm really run down just by looking at my lips. Covered in cold sores right now :( because I didn't sleep every chance my body would let me the last month. That's pretty much what I'd have to do, to stay on top of things health-wise. Problem is, I can't stay on top of anything else that way! Sigh.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

"""Covered in cold sores right now :( """

And they are pretty grim and debilitating in themselves taking about 2 weeks to clear up.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:"""Covered in cold sores right now :( """

And they are pretty grim and debilitating in themselves taking about 2 weeks to clear up.

Indeed!

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I am plagued with cold sores from time to time. More so recently. Very inconvenient, since they are contagious. Sometimes my Cpap mask causes them.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

I never had a cold sore until I was about 50 which, now that I think about it, was a few years after I developed strong RLS symptoms. Bright sunshine can also trigger mine. Now I get one or two a year which I hate.