RLS or something else? Part 2

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Re: RLS or something else? Part 2

Post by ViewsAskew »

Interesting!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

The idea of a connection between RLS and mast cells is intriguing to me. I have had various allergy problems ever since I was 4 yrs old. After reading through the info on MCAS, there is a good chance that I have it even though I have never been diagnosed with it. I take several of the meds used to treat MCAS, moved to the desert to get away from many of my air borne triggers and know that I still have problems. It would be interesting to eventually find out that there is a relationship between my multitude of allergies and my RLS.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SnappyK

Post by SnappyK »

Rustsmith, I've also had allergy problems since early childhood. I started getting allergy shots when I was 7 or 8, even though the allergist couldn't pinpoint what I was allergic to. The shots didn't help at all. I'd had "sensitive skin" from infancy, always getting rashes for no particular reason. In hindsight, it was probably always a mast cell problem. This also explains why my symptoms went away and I felt fantastic when I went on an Alaska cruise with my family last summer--because I got away from airborne triggers--and why I always feel worse in the wintertime--because there are more/different airborne triggers.